Download MetaTrader 5

control points

To add comments, please log in or register
Dua Yong Rew
Dua Yong Rew  
does higher time frame has more control points than lower time frame in optimization?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
What "control points" ?
Dua Yong Rew
Dua Yong Rew  
Alain Verleyen:
What "control points" ?
In optimization, the strategy tester
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
Dua Yong Rew: does higher time frame has more control points than lower time frame in optimization? - In optimization, the strategy tester

I don't know exactly what you are asking, but my advice and suggestion, is don't base your results on "control" points. Use tick testing even if they are the "emulated" kind. It gives much more realistic results than control points.

If however, you want to use it because your EA is "very slow" to test under "tick" testing/optimising, then it is a wake-up call to you that your code is highly inefficient and requires to be rewritten properly (for example, reading indicator values once per close of a bar and not on every tick).

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Dua Yong Rew:
In optimization, the strategy tester

Ok. From what is said in this article, the answer is yes. But I really don't know how this testing mode is working exactly.

Strategy Tester: Modes of Modeling during Testing
Strategy Tester: Modes of Modeling during Testing
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Many programs of technical analysis allow to test trading strategies on history data. In the most cases, the testing is conducted on already completed data without any attempts to model the trends within a price bar. It was made quickly, but not precisely
Dua Yong Rew
Dua Yong Rew  
Alain Verleyen:

Ok. From what is said in this article, the answer is yes. But I really don't know how this testing mode is working exactly.

Hmmm, in simple words. Higher time frame has more control points and will be comparable to every ticks mode.

of cos I fully understand every tick mode is still the most accurate 

To add comments, please log in or register