best result using only wizard

Guys, just a curiosity (or maybe a challenge to the MT5 wizard, or my own skills):

what was your best result using only the mt5 wizard? I mean, without editing any code at all.

when Im too lazy to develop, somethimes I like to try several possibilities with the mt5 wizard. Even trying all the signals, or several combinations. I have never achieved a very good result. The best results in the forward period (I usualy set 1/3 for the forward period) just burn in other periods or currency pairs. For exemple, when I test EURUSD H1 in the year 2009, setting 1/3 forward period I usually manage to have a good result, but when I test the very same EA in de next year or years, it just looses too much... crash and burn... :(

Does anyone have a different result or suggestion to have a better result?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Icarus, I believe isn't the program that you use to create expert that give good or bad result but the strategy and parameters used to approach the market. I personall use only wizard to create my expert and results aren't bad at all.

I test them on the last 2-3 years and check them again once a month if is necessary to change some parameters. what is alot helpful is hundreds of backtest

Also time frame. Test the same expert on all time frames. I mean higher than 1H. Start from 4H and go up to 8H. Some times also the best one could be daily.  

Rosiman:

Hi Icarus, I believe isn't the program that you use to create expert that give good or bad result but the strategy and parameters used to approach the market. I personall use only wizard to create my expert and results aren't bad at all.

I test them on the last 2-3 years and check them again once a month if is necessary to change some parameters. what is alot helpful is hundreds of backtest. 

Also time frame. Test the same expert on all time frames. I mean higher than 1H. Start from 4H and go up to 8H. Some times also the best one could be daily.  

Thanks, Rosiman!

I never had such good results using only the wizard, Im far better developing by myself.

Good to hear that it is possible to have good results, I should keep trying! :)

Reason: