Different approaches of generating perfect strategies

Hi,

I use strategy generator (Forex Strategy Generator - freeware) and see it saves a LOT of time to check different strategies.

Which philosophy is the best to create the perfect strategy:

1. Using only one specific time frame and currency pair (for example EUR/USD and 5 Min):

a. Use only 1 week/1 month of market data to generate strategy (after all it is current state of market)

b. Use few years of data on the specific time frame

2. Trying to find strategy which will be getting profits on all time frames in given currency pair

a. Use only 1 week/1 month of market data to generate strategy (after all it is current state of market)

3. Trying to find strategy which will be getting profits on few main currencies (EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/GBP) in one time frame

4. Trying to find only one time frame which is most reliable and most noise free (longer time frames like 1h, 4h, 1d)

a. trying to find the strategy working on all main currencies (EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/GBP) in the same time frame

Please tell what are your experiences with forward testing strategies and which above philosophy is the best?

Trading Strategy

I am a full time trader and like many traders, trade my own strategy that I have put together over the past couple of years. I am at my computer during London and New York. I would never put on a trade and not be there to monitor it....but that is my style

I trade the hour candle but on the 1 min chart. I look for a trade entry at the opening of every hour except for a few. I average 8 to 10 trades per day and average a little over 20 pips per trade. This makes me average around 200 pips per day. Obviously some days are better than others and some hours are better than others. This is only learned by putting in the days and hours monitoring price movement.

I enjoy being at my compter and trading full time because I am good at it.. With me being at my computer as a full time job, I am able to run a very small top loss on all my trades.

My style is not for everybody.

Reason: