Problem with period change buttons getting stuck

Hi guys,

So i have this problem: The periods change buttons are getting stuck as soon as i click on them. I have to deselect them manually just like you have to deselect auto scrolling.

Period change buttons. Which one is active? xD

Quiz: Which time frame am I looking at? I don't know either. xD It's really annoying!

So is there a fix for this out there?

Cheers!

Odd. Are you running this in Windows, or are you using WINE or something similar?

RichPiano:

Hi guys,

So i have this problem: The periods change buttons are getting stuck as soon as i click on them. I have to deselect them manually just like you have to deselect auto scrolling.

Quiz: Which time frame am I looking at? I don't know either. xD It's really annoying!

So is there a fix for this out there?

Cheers!

Is there some indicators/EAs on your chart ? Is the problem occurs too if you remove them ?

I have seen similar behavior in the past when an EA on the chart has an endless loop with a Sleep() included.

In such a case, the timeframe didn't change.

I have the same problem. Menu icons such as period change buttons are sticking.

When clicking the period change buttons the chart changes immediately but the period change buttons stay selected, so it’s difficult at a glance to see which period is active. I note that 'scroll and shift chart to end' buttons are also showing as ‘on’ when they are not, so it‘s the whole menu that's not right.

After 30 seconds to a minute the buttons correct themselves so I’m thinking that it’s purely a visual issue and Metatrader is not redrawing the menu rapidly.

Does anyone have any experience of this or know how to correct it?

Here’s a bit of info...

Windows 10

Powerful PC that has been running MT without issues for over a year.
I have 3 installations of MT4. (One for USD majors, one for Indices and one for crosses). Only one of the installations has problems, the others are totally fine.

The same issue presents when running on Live or Demo server

Google search revealed others have had the same issue, but no solution was posted..  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/164570

Have tried the following:
- Windows 10 CHKDSK and Windows Memory Diagnostic show all is fine
- Deleted MT4 i story folder and restarted
- The charts do have indicators, but no EA’s. Clear charts, with no indicators also have the same effect
- Chart properties tick box is ‘online’
- Reinstalled MT4 (But this seems to retain the former data folder, wherein may be the problem)

Grateful for any advice
Thanks

Roger Hulley:

I have the same problem. Menu icons such as period change buttons are sticking.

When clicking the period change buttons the chart changes immediately but the period change buttons stay selected, so it’s difficult at a glance to see which period is active. I note that 'scroll and shift chart to end' buttons are also showing as ‘on’ when they are not, so it‘s the whole menu that's not right.

After 30 seconds to a minute the buttons correct themselves so I’m thinking that it’s purely a visual issue and Metatrader is not redrawing the menu rapidly.

Does anyone have any experience of this or know how to correct it?

Here’s a bit of info...

Windows 10

Powerful PC that has been running MT without issues for over a year.
I have 3 installations of MT4. (One for USD majors, one for Indices and one for crosses). Only one of the installations has problems, the others are totally fine.

The same issue presents when running on Live or Demo server

Google search revealed others have had the same issue, but no solution was posted..  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/164570

Have tried the following:
- Windows 10 CHKDSK and Windows Memory Diagnostic show all is fine
- Deleted MT4 i story folder and restarted
- The charts do have indicators, but no EA’s. Clear charts, with no indicators also have the same effect
- Chart properties tick box is ‘online’
- Reinstalled MT4 (But this seems to retain the former data folder, wherein may be the problem)

Grateful for any advice
Thanks

This is not a MetaTrader issue. This is due to something you are running on your chart which slow down all.
Reason: