Experts: Ichimoku Kinko Hyo System - page 2

Nicola_Gambaro:

Hi, I was trying to develop something like this by using Ichimoku rules but I'm not good in programming yet.

Have you tested it without setting the kumo size to 300 and instead of this just setting the condition that Senkou Span A > Senkou Span B for Long entries and the opposite for Short entries?

It should allows to anticipate the entry point and get more profit.

It would be also interesting to test it on 4h timeframes and not only currency pairs but also raw materials like Crude Oil, Natural Gas etc.

If you like we can get in touch to discuss it better...

Thanks 

I have used it without kumo size but it makes too many bad trades in ranging markets, the kumo filters that out. 300 may be too big and for most of the back tests and my live tests it is best between 80-200. It all depends how sideways the market is for a given time, the bigger the kumo the more delayed the trade entry will be.
I have tested this with gold it seems to be very promising, but you have to modify the code with the fix I posted earlier.
 As for H4 times I am currently experimenting with that. So far I get great results in backtests with kumo at 80-120 but I had to alter the close. Instead of using the Kijun-sen I switched it to close when it crosses the Tenkan-sen. I have it running on a demo server as of last night.

If you want to use a kumo twist (meaning a span A span B cross) as the condition all you have to do is set the kumo size to 1.

After crafting and studying this program I have gain a much greater appreciation for the Kumo. I saw right away how the type of market directly affects the kumo size and I was able to use that to filter out sideways or ranging markets, in which the Ichimoku doesn't do so well. But after watching today's rate hike news, I saw how it also filters out news events. When you get a news or event spike it cause those big long bars on the candle stick chart. Those long candles squeeze the kumo to nearly 0. The longer the candle the more narrow the kumo. Looking at the H1 on the USDJPY the rate hike candle squeezed the kumo to what looks like 0. So, the point learned is that the kumo thins in linear markets so you can set the kumo threshold to filter out ranging markets and news events. Kumo magic!

hello, what parameters to optimize?

Paolo Ronchetti:

here is what i am running:

Do the mods in the earlier posts,

Settings are :

H4 time frame

Kumo threshold: 280

failsafe 0

failsafe closer multiplier .1

orderStopLossRisk .018

lots.1

MM true

ATR Period 12

ATR Multiplier 2

Risk 4

fixed balance 0

money risk 0

usemoneyinsteadofpercentage false

useequityinsteadofbalance false

lotsdigits 2

slippage 100

then in the code change the tenkan, kijun, senkou settings to: 8, 26, 39

WHAT HOURS DO YOU USE TO OPERATE THE ROBOT? IN NEWS YOU TURN OFF? DO YOU HAVE OPTIMIZATION FOR H1? I HAVE BACKTEST IN ANOTHER COUPLE LIKE THE EUR / USD WITH THE CHANGED CONFIGURATION BUT I HAD NO SUCCESS IN THE PROFITS. I ONLY HAVE GOOD PROFITS WITH THE USD / JPY 250% IN 50 DAYS.

Ricardo Merola:
WHAT HOURS DO YOU USE TO OPERATE THE ROBOT? IN NEWS YOU TURN OFF? DO YOU HAVE OPTIMIZATION FOR H1? I HAVE BACKTEST IN ANOTHER COUPLE LIKE THE EUR / USD WITH THE CHANGED CONFIGURATION BUT I HAD NO SUCCESS IN THE PROFITS. I ONLY HAVE GOOD PROFITS WITH THE USD / JPY 250% IN 50 DAYS.
Please don't use all capital letters, it's considered like SHOUTING.

Hi mjprater,

I am interested to know if there are any details you can provide regarding what each of these settings

are and how they are used. Is there a manual at all?

So far my testing has made a profit in two out of three attempts, with the first failing due to using

the default settings (I think). I am interested in performing more tests using the MT4 tester, mostly

on higher time frames such as H4 and Daily for USDJPY, but eventually I'd also like to try and

use it with any Forex pair.

Any details you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian 

mjprater :

Ecco Quello che Sono in Esecuzione:

FARE I mods nia posta Precedenti,

Le impostazioni Sono:

Arco di tempo H4

Soglia Kumo: 280

fail-safe 0

fail-safe .1 Più Vicino moltiplicatore

orderStopLossRisk .018

lots.1

MM vero

ATR Periodo di 12

ATR Moltiplicatore 2

Rischio 4

equilibrio fisso 0

Rischio soldi 0

usemoneyinsteadofpercentage falso

useequityinsteadofbalance falso

lotsdigits 2

slittamento 100

poi Nella Modifica del Codice della tenkan, Kijun, impostazioni Senkou una: 8, 26, 39

Thanks

I am running this in H4 but with the modified code I posted earlier. I was running in H1 but the results weren't as consistant. The H4 I get the best results, and on on more currency pairs. Best is on JPY's and gold

Here is an explination of the settings. Most you can leave as is:

//--------------------------------------

Kumo threshold: the size of the kumo for trade signal confirmation. Larger size kumo will delay trade entry, it filters out ranging markets and news spikes

failsafe : when set to >0 it will move the stoploss to break even when the price crosses the tenkan-sen. I suggest leaving it 0. I am planning on removing it all together

failsafe closer multiplier: settings at .1 will close 1k of your position every bar the price is opposite the tenkan-sen. only active if failsafe is >0. Again Im planning on removing this because it really doesn't work too well

orderStopLossRisk .018: this determines where the stop loss is placed. its is %  risk of your account balance in decimal form .018 = 1.8%. The equation is (accountBalance*orderStopLossRisk)/lots

lots.1: this the amount of lots to use in a trade if MM is set to false

MM true: MM true uses ATR position sizing

ATR Period 12

ATR Multiplier 2

Risk 4: ATR position risk %, used in the lots calculation

fixed balance 0: use if you want to use less than your account balance to trade

money risk 0:

usemoneyinsteadofpercentage false

useequityinsteadofbalance false

lotsdigits 2

slippage 100

// the bold faced settings are the important ones - others I will most likely remove

Reason: