Automatic Validation capable of Reading Source Code from ex4 or ex5 file ?

Dear Coders

Lately I have found that MQL5.com introduced some automatic Validation for their product page when people submitted ex4 or ex5 files.

I am just curious if this means that MQL5.com can read source code inside our ex4 or ex5 file ?

Can someone clarify this  ?

If they can't what is the purpose of inspecting ex4 or ex5 files so long like several minutes from their website ?

This concerns me quite to be honest.

Your sharing of knowledge will be really appreciated.

Kind regards.

How is this Automatic Validation process related to the source code ? The are just running the ex4/ex5 with the Strategy Tester to detect common errors.

On an other side I have no idea if they are able to "read the source code".

Young Ho Seo: Lately I have found that MQL5.com introduced some automatic Validation for their product page when people submitted ex4 or ex5 files.

I am just curious if this means that MQL5.com can read source code inside our ex4 or ex5 file ?

Can someone clarify this  ?

If they can't what is the purpose of inspecting ex4 or ex5 files so long like several minutes from their website ?

This concerns me quite to be honest. Your sharing of knowledge will be really appreciated.

Technically speaking, any developer of a Compiler could with some ease theoretically reverse engineer code binaries produced by it (only to a certain degree, not a complete source retrieval).

This would hold true, for example, for Apple to be able to reverse engineer their Store Apps it sells that were produced by the XCode, or for Microsoft to reverse engineer the Windows Apps coded with Visual Studio.

However, obviously that is not where they make their money and it is not in their best interest to do so.

This also holds true for MetaQuotes - it is not their line of business nor do they wish for their reputation to be ruined by doing so!

Alain Verleyen:

How is this Automatic Validation process related to the source code ? The are just running the ex4/ex5 with the Strategy Tester to detect common errors.

On an other side I have no idea if they are able to "read the source code".

Thanks for your answer.

Automatic validation take several minutes to several 10 minutes to read ex4 or ex5 files sometimes in my cases.

Taking several 10 minutes of time to read one uploaded ex4 or ex5 file does not seems so right whatever they do.

So I was little curious what they are exactly doing during this several 10 minutes of time.

After all, MQL5.com is capable of controlling license for any ex4 or ex5 files, I guess they are capable of injecting some code related inside ex4 or ex5.

If they have such a capability, then I am sure they can also reverse the code up to some extent, just like pointed by Fernando Carreiro                    

Kind regards.

Young Ho Seo:

Thanks for your answer.

Automatic validation take several minutes to several 10 minutes to read ex4 or ex5 files sometimes in my cases.

Taking several 10 minutes of time to read one uploaded ex4 or ex5 file does not seems so right whatever they do.

So I was little curious what they are exactly doing during this several 10 minutes of time.

After all, MQL5.com is capable of controlling license for any ex4 or ex5 files, I guess they are capable of injecting some code related inside ex4 or ex5.

If they have such a capability, then I am sure they can also reverse the code up to some extent, just like pointed by Fernando Carreiro                    

Kind regards.

What to do ? Metaquotes don't care about your code.

Anyway, you should better ask them.

Reason: