MT4 not saving EA Inputs

Hi everyone,

I just got this new EA and I installed it without problems, except for one! Every time I edit the Inputs and click Ok and re-open them again they are set back to defaults! I have re-installed MT4 many time but that didn't change. I thought it was only related to that particular EA, but when I tried it with the default EAs that come with MT4, like MACD, the same thing happens!

Is this just a normal behavior of MT4, like I can assume that the settings are saved but somehow not displayed!!!!!?

Thanks,

Ash/Sharnoob

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.
MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com

angevoyageur:
This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

Thanks, angevoyageur! I will post it there now.

sharnoob:

Thanks, angevoyageur! I will post it there now.

Hi again!

both those links don't work! I tried going to www.mql4.com as well as forum.mql4.com, neither work and I get a "this page cannot be displayed" error!

Any clues please? moreover, I see a lot of MT4-related posts on this MQL5 forum! Was there a recent change of rules?

thanks

MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader
  • www.mql4.com
MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader

sharnoob:

Hi again!

both those links don't work! I tried going to www.mql4.com as well as forum.mql4.com, neither work and I get a "this page cannot be displayed" error!

Any clues please? moreover, I see a lot of MT4-related posts on this MQL5 forum! Was there a recent change of rules?

thanks

It's not a rule, it's common sense.

angevoyageur:
It's not a rule, it's common sense.

Ok!

So, about the link that isn't working...

Thanks 

sharnoob:

Ok!

So, about the link that isn't working...

Thanks 

The links are working well.

angevoyageur:
The links are working well.

I really appreciate your follow up, but those links aren't working for me here! I have no clue as to why!

Is there any way I could get help in this forum?

Thanks

sharnoob:

I really appreciate your follow up, but those links aren't working for me here! I have no clue as to why!

Is there any way I could get help in this forum?

Thanks

If this link http://forum.mql4.com doesn't work for you, it's a problem on your side (computer/network...?). Which navigator are you using ? Can you try with an other ?
  • www.mql5.com
Reason: