MT4 not saving EA Inputs

I just got this new EA and I installed it without problems, except for one! Every time I edit the Inputs and click Ok and re-open them again they are set back to defaults! I have re-installed MT4 many time but that didn't change. I thought it was only related to that particular EA, but when I tried it with the default EAs that come with MT4, like MACD, the same thing happens!

Also, I noticed today that under the Expert Advisers node on the navigator, my EA icons are grey, meaning they are not enabled or something, but this is not the came for the MACD Sample EA.

Is this just a normal behavior of MT4, like I can assume that the settings are saved but somehow not displayed!!!!!?

Thanks,

Sharnoob

sharnoob:

I just got this new EA and I installed it without problems, except for one! Every time I edit the Inputs and click Ok and re-open them again they are set back to defaults! I have re-installed MT4 many time but that didn't change. I thought it was only related to that particular EA, but when I tried it with the default EAs that come with MT4, like MACD, the same thing happens!

Also, I noticed today that under the Expert Advisers node on the navigator, my EA icons are grey, meaning they are not enabled or something, but this is not the came for the MACD Sample EA.

Is this just a normal behavior of MT4, like I can assume that the settings are saved but somehow not displayed!!!!!?

If you installed in Program Files your EA is not save in Experts folder due to UAC issues . . . unless you are running XP.

On Windows 10 I had to change the properties of the EA folder. it was set to Read Only.
Reason: