Download MetaTrader 5

Computer on to receive signal?

To add comments, please log in or register
Join MQL5 Cloud Network. Start earning money!
Mark Louca
Mark Louca 2016.11.24 16:01 

Hi,

Does my computer need to be on 24/7 to receive signals? I have read conflicting views. Some say yes, others no.

Others say that I should use virtual hosting etc etc...The correct answer would be appreciated...Thanks. 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2016.11.24 16:30  
marklouca:

Hi,

Does my computer need to be on 24/7 to receive signals? I have read conflicting views. Some say yes, others no.

Others say that I should use virtual hosting etc etc...The correct answer would be appreciated...Thanks. 

It should be on 24/7 (24/5; means: 7 except weekends = 5 because market is closed for the weekends).
But you can use Virtual Hosting instead. The Metatrader (receiving the signal) is running on VPS - read this post for more information.
Mark Louca
Mark Louca 2016.11.24 16:42  
Sergey Golubev:
It should be on 24/7 (24/5; means: 7 except weekends = 5 because market is closed for the weekends).
But you can use Virtual Hosting instead. The Metatrader (receiving the signal) is running on VPS - read this post for more information.
Great...Thanks
Achmad Wijaya
Achmad Wijaya 2016.11.24 19:51  
Dear Sir, I Try to Test ( Free Trial from Webzilla Dallas ) my EA just only running modify order for sell stop, after I migrate from my platform, All migration successfully Started status already in hosting, I turn off my EA on my Plaftorm, but EA which run on the virtual  doesn't do anything, is the server down ?
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2016.11.24 20:03  

Achmad Wijaya:
Dear Sir, I Try to Test ( Free Trial from Webzilla Dallas ) my EA just only running modify order for sell stop, after I migrate from my platform, All migration successfully Started status already in hosting, I turn off my EA on my Plaftorm, but EA which run on the virtual  doesn't do anything, is the server down ? 

Mql5 VPS (Virtual hosting)?
If yes so - did you make sinchronization? Because EA on mql5 VPS is always in autotrading ... of course you can remove the EA but you should make a sinchronization after this action just to transfer this action to VPS for example.
Read this small thread with examples MQL5 Virtual Hosting Question (execute manual trading)
Achmad Wijaya
Achmad Wijaya 2016.11.24 20:05  
Sergey Golubev:

Mql5 VPS (Virtual hosting)?
If yes so - did you make sinchronization? Because EA on mql5 VPS is always in autotrading ... of course you can remove the EA but you should make a sinchronization after this action just to transfer this action to VPS for example.
Read this small thread with examples MQL5 Virtual Hosting Question (execute manual trading)

I did it Sir, Ok I will try it again, Btw Thank your for help Sir

Update Status still not work after sync Sir

I try to analyze it, maybe the problem come from my EA logic, algorithm inside call function to another time frame, I see the sync just only to the active Time Frame

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2016.11.24 20:49  
Achmad Wijaya:

I did it Sir, Ok I will try it again, Btw Thank your for help Sir

Update Status still not work after sync Sir

I try to analyze it, maybe the problem come from my EA logic, algorithm inside call function to another time frame, I see the sync just only to the active Time Frame

What is Webzilla Dallas?
Because we are talking about our mql5 VPS.
Achmad Wijaya
Achmad Wijaya 2016.11.25 07:05  
Sergey Golubev:
What is Webzilla Dallas?
Because we are talking about our mql5 VPS.
It's External provider vps, and I don't know to much about it :)
To add comments, please log in or register