MQL5 Virtual Hosting Question (execute manual trading) - page 2

Achmad Wijaya:
Hello Mr Sergey, I try your Explanation but it doesn't work, My account in demo,  Webzilla Dallas trial mode, I run EA which task is for modifying sell stop, after all sync complete, I turn off automated on my PC, 2016.11.25 01:54:38.250    Virtual Hosting: 81015 status is 'started', but nothing change on the order after I put manually.

Webzilla Dallas ... this is not mql5 VPS? This is external VPS service? I just used google about this Webzilla Dallas :)
If yes so you can ask their support on their website.

Sergey Golubev:

Webzilla Dallas ... this is not mql5 VPS? This is external VPS service? I just used google about this Webzilla Dallas :)
If yes so you can ask their support on their website.

I'm so sorry, I don't know about that :)  I think it service from MQL5. Thank you for your information

Now I try MQL5 Ltd. MQL5 New York 3 :)

my investor account number is 2983437 , virtual hosting not working following message come,

2018.10.26 01:02:23.867 Virtual Hosting 5978258: your environment is not synchronized with hosting server 'Webzilla Amsterdam 1' for account '2983437' on 'RoboForex-MetaTrader 5'

so tell me how we synchronized- webzilla amsterdam give me no option for synchronized,

shuja3 AHMED:

my investor account number is 2983437 , virtual hosting not working following message come,

2018.10.26 01:02:23.867 Virtual Hosting 5978258: your environment is not synchronized with hosting server 'Webzilla Amsterdam 1' for account '2983437' on 'RoboForex-MetaTrader 5'

so tell me how we synchronized- webzilla amsterdam give me no option for synchronized,

read this thread about it:

----------------

Synchronize - 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508 

Migration

Migration is transferring the current active environment from the client terminal to the virtual one. This is a simple and straightforward way to change the set of launched programs, open charts and subscription parameters in the virtual terminal. 

Migration is performed during each synchronization of the client terminal. Synchronization is always a one-direction process - the client terminal's environment is moved to the virtual terminal but never vice versa. The virtual terminal status can be monitored via requesting the terminal's and Expert Advisors' logs as well as virtual server's monitoring data.

To perform synchronization, execute "Synchronize Environment" command and select migration type.

Thus, you always can change the number of charts and the list of symbols in the Data Window, the set of launched programs and their input parameters, the terminal settings and Signal subscription.

When performing migration, all data is recorded in the client terminal's log.

After the synchronization, open the virtual terminal's main journal to examine the actions performed on it.

In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired interval. After that, click Request to download the found logs.

Virtual terminal logs themselves are updated at each request and saved in <terminal data folder>/logs/hosting.<hosting_ID>.terminal and <terminal data folder>/logs/hosting.<hosting_ID>.experts.

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
  • www.mql5.com
Dear All, I just rented my first VPS from MQL5 via my MT4 platform today...

Hello. I am new to trading and I would like to know how to trade through the VPS of Meta Trader5. in my neighborhood, the internet is of very poor quality. I know this possible with automatic trading. my question is precise about the manual trading on the VPS of Meta Trader5. Thank you for helping me. cordially

Abdoulaye Coulibaly:

Hello. I am new to trading and I would like to know how to trade through the VPS of Meta Trader5. in my neighborhood, the internet is of very poor quality. I know this possible with automatic trading. my question is precise about the manual trading on the VPS of Meta Trader5. Thank you for helping me. cordially

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

bagostra:

Hi,

I am using an EA which has the following function: Managing my trades, putting automatic buy/sell stops, etc..

This EA is using a custom sell and buy button to manually execute the trades.

Will anything i do on my personal computers terminal automaticly be transferd to the virtual hosting platform?

Will i have trouble with my EA? for example. if my script is both running on my personal computers terminal and on the virtual hosting will i have trouble with action being done twice instead of once?

Script on personal computer -> put buy stop

Same script on virtual hosting -> put buy stop

i do assume that i am connected to the virtual host when registering one straight in metatrader?

will anything i do automaticly get synced to virtual hosting without trouble.

if i am at home executing a trade with normal metatrader terminal and i lose internet connection during open position will this virtual hosting continue to manage my ongoing tradesH

Hi Bagostra,

You need to realize that although your program is running on the virtual server. When it places a pending order that order is actually placed on your broker's server. When you sit at home and also place a pending order in your local metatrader platform.. you are also actually placing that order on your broker's server. When you move a stop of an open trade through either the vps or your local platform, you are actually interacting with the trade that is open on your broker's server. Therefore if you move a stop on your terminal.. that can be seen when you look at it on your vps.. keep in mind that BOTH the vps and your local terminal are just ways to remotely trade on your broker's server. 

If you have the same EA running in both locations and they both are placing trades you will indeed have duplicate trades. If you have your EA written in such a way that it will manage ANY trade that appears on that currency pair then it will be trying to manage both Ea's trades at the same time.. however if the EA is written in such a way that it only manages trades that have it's magic number then you would want to make sure that if you have two instances of the same ea running in different locations on the same currency pair that they have different magic numbers so that they don't manage each others trades.. 

The bottom line is this.. remember where you are actually placing pending orders and trades.. on the broker's server. The home terminal and the vps are just remote ways to access that trade server. If you have a pending order placed or a stop placed... and both your home terminal AND the VPS break down.. the server where the pending order and stop loss really exist will fill your pending order if hit and close your order when it hits the stop..

I'm not sure if this answer helps you with your question.   Pip Pip... Jimdandy

Hi . I have a question regarding the EA and VPS . I have EA attached to my account and the account & the EA are migrated to my VPS (the standard VPS from MQL5). all the setup is made from MT4 platform on my laptop. now if I wish to mange the EA or the VPS , I have to do this from my laptop. in case that I don't have access to my laptop, is there a way to manage my EA  & VPS remotely without the need to wait until I have access to my laptop/computer where the MT4 platform/EA and VPS are installed?

Tarek Hamdy:
Hi . I have a question regarding the EA and VPS . I have EA attached to my account and the account & the EA are migrated to my VPS (the standard VPS from MQL5). all the setup is made from MT4 platform on my laptop. now if I wish to mange the EA or the VPS , I have to do this from my laptop. in case that I don't have access to my laptop, is there a way to manage my EA  & VPS remotely without the need to wait until I have access to my laptop/computer where the MT4 platform/EA and VPS are installed?

EA should be attached to the chart, and the chart with EA are migrated only (using synchronization).
How to check?
You should read VPS journal about it.

For more information - read this small thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/289348 
and
this thread about synchronization -  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508 

MQL5 VPS
MQL5 VPS
  • www.mql5.com
VPS issue - After syncing local MT4 terminal with VPS MT4 terminal: On my PC/Laptop the MT4 terminal change the status of the EA that was running...
Reason: