MT4 on FCM Help me please I have spent hours trying to get this thing to load indicators and EA's

Hello I am new to MT4 an I am having a difficult time. I downloaded a demo account from FXCM and MT4 comes with indicators and EA's preloaded so I have tried to load an EA (MACD Sample) on a chart and I drag the thing over there-it opens a window-I cant click ok/cancel or reset! I have unistalled deleted all files reinstalled re downloaded talked to FXCM for 55 min cecked automate checked dll nothing is working! I am on windows 8.1 on my I am connected to the right server because I am getting tick info and the buy/sell in the top right corner I have searched and searched and I can find no solution. Basically most google searches populate how to add a custom EA. I can do that in the open data folder I know how but I cant get any ea preloaded or custom to go on the chart some indicators will not load as well. If someone has a solution that would be great and i also hope i am posting this in the right place.

Thanks,

Rob 

says loaded successfully but it wont allow me to click ok all day on this now 

No idea. a) reboot b)Delete and reinstall.

I tried that many time yesterday. I spent all day on it deleting files downloading from other FX brokers Same problem. Does anyone have an cure for this?

robert284:

Hello I am new to MT4 an I am having a difficult time. I downloaded a demo account from FXCM and MT4 comes with indicators and EA's preloaded so I have tried to load an EA (MACD Sample) on a chart and I drag the thing over there-it opens a window-I cant click ok/cancel or reset! I have unistalled deleted all files reinstalled re downloaded talked to FXCM for 55 min cecked automate checked dll nothing is working! I am on windows 8.1 on my I am connected to the right server because I am getting tick info and the buy/sell in the top right corner I have searched and searched and I can find no solution. Basically most google searches populate how to add a custom EA. I can do that in the open data folder I know how but I cant get any ea preloaded or custom to go on the chart some indicators will not load as well. If someone has a solution that would be great and i also hope i am posting this in the right place.

Thanks,

Rob 

says loaded successfully but it wont allow me to click ok all day on this now 

You can't click ? Do you mean you are clicking but nothing happens ?

YES that is what is happening 

I got it working It was so strange my Trackpad on my MAC was not allowing me to select ok/cancel or reverse but it works everywhere else in MT4 and that is why I wasn't finding the problem it was as simple as tab > and then enter and it works!

So here is a new question. on an EA is there anyway to see indicators with it instead of just the ea working on the chart? For instance I want to see Moving Average with the moving average EA so I can see how close it is to a buy or sell. I would Assume that and EA would have to have an indicator inside of it for you to select it but (created with one) but if you install a custom EA ex4 in the  Expert Advisor folder what about an indicator that goes with it. Does MT4 need a separate Indicator with an EA? If I have an EX4

robert284:

So here is a new question. on an EA is there anyway to see indicators with it instead of just the ea working on the chart? For instance I want to see Moving Average with the moving average EA so I can see how close it is to a buy or sell. I would Assume that and EA would have to have an indicator inside of it for you to select it but (created with one) but if you install a custom EA ex4 in the  Expert Advisor folder what about an indicator that goes with it. Does MT4 need a separate Indicator with an EA? If I have an EX4

The EA has the indicator (after all, it has to get the values somehow), but it is not necessarily displayed (depends on EA design, but I can hardly think of any one EA that would display). You can simply add the same indicator(s) with same settings as in the EA in order to follow its actions. BTW, afaik in (visual) backtest, the indicators are displayed (but that wasn't your question).

Thank you I can not add the same indicator with the same settings as I am not sure exactly what is in there it is an EX4 I bought

robert284:
Thank you I can not add the same indicator with the same settings as I am not sure exactly what is in there it is an EX4 I bought
Oh, I thought you were still talking of the sample MA thingy. Hmmm, that probably means you cannot look at the code?! If there neither aren't any settings it'll be hard to find out. You can try and ask the seller if he could help you get a visual display in that case.
Reason: