EA or script

For example, I place an order manually. I have to go away from the PC and leave it open. I want a trailing stop loss to be applied once the order is in profit at a predetermined number of points. Is an EA best or can I apply a script once the order is opened?

1. Define "best"
  2. yes
  3. Or just use the terminal's built in trailing function.

WHRoeder:
  1. Define "best"
  2. yes
  3. Or just use the terminal's built in trailing function.
Thank you. Best, well I meant optimal, apologies. You have answered my question. The MT4 trailing function is only useful if I am in front of the PC, hence the question.

properkhunt:  The MT4 trailing function is only useful if I am in front of the PC, hence the question.
Why would you say that? You open the order, you set on the trailing function, it moves the SL. Why do you have to be "in front?" How do trailing stops work on MT4? - FXCM Support

WHRoeder:
properkhunt:  The MT4 trailing function is only useful if I am in front of the PC, hence the question.
Why would you say that? You open the order, you set on the trailing function, it moves the SL. Why do you have to be "in front?" How do trailing stops work on MT4? - FXCM Support

OK, I think my explanation is ambiguous. Let's say my order is 400 points in profit and I am not in front of the PC. I then want to apply a trailing stop of 40 points at this level of profit. The MT4 trailing stop loss will not be able to do this unless I am at the computer. In this instance I require a script?

The built in only allows 400 points profit/400 points trailing or 40/40. If you want 400/40 then you must start it at 400 or use a script or EA.

A 4 pip trailing is basically no trailing, just use a 400 TP and be done.

Reason: