Help needed: would like to access account history real-time

Hi Gurus,

I'm new to MT4 & MQL, so forgive me if I'm asking the obvious.

I'd like to access my Account History data as real-time as possible form a new app I'm developing. As far as I see I can't directly access the MT4 servers (AFAIK the APIs are not public), so I'd have to do something in the MT4 client, in MQL4. I *think* it should be a special EA, but not sure about it -- and that is the real question: how shall I approach this problem.

I have 3 (later 5) accounts with the same FOREX company and I'd like to get (in real-time, cca. as soon as the MT4 clients get it) the account history data of these accounts. DDE does not seem to be good, since does not provide this data. A .CSV file (or rather one for each account) would be fine (best would be some externall calls, e.g. a DLL). Is this something that should be done with an EA? Is this possible at all? I have seen scripts that produce an export, but those require manual work, and this should be automated 24/5 (on a VPS).

Any ideas?

All help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

RaptorUK:
Take a look here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/106972

Hi RaptorUK,

Thanks for that link, it is an excellent pointer to how to export the actual list. Now the question is: how do I run this (1) automated & 24/5, (2) real-time, and (3) on multiple accounts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

pietro:

Hi RaptorUK,

Thanks for that link, it is an excellent pointer to how to export the actual list. Now the question is: how do I run this (1) automated & 24/5, (2) real-time, and (3) on multiple accounts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

For (3) multiple accounts, the MultiTerminal may be a solution (researching now) but (1) & (2) are definitely open questions...

pietro:

Hi RaptorUK,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

1. build this kind of functionality into an EA
  2. an EA is real time(ish) as long as you have ticks
  3. place the EA on a chart open on each account

RaptorUK:

1. build this kind of functionality into an EA
  2. an EA is real time(ish) as long as you have ticks
  3. place the EA on a chart open on each account

Thanks again, RaptorUK. So fundamentally this will be an EA. Great! With that 1 & 2 are taken care of as you indicated. I'm a bit confused about 3, but that must be my inexperience with MT4: as far as I see it allows only one account to be logged in, but I'll play with it and see what's possible. (BTW MultiTerminal was a dead end: does not allow scripting at all :( )

Zillion thx,

Peter

pietro:

Thanks again, RaptorUK. So fundamentally this will be an EA. Great! With that 1 & 2 are taken care of as you indicated. I'm a bit confused about 3, but that must be my inexperience with MT4: as far as I see it allows only one account to be logged in,

Ah I see, you can have 3 instances of the Terminal, one for each account, simply install to different directories . . .

RaptorUK:
Ah I see, you can have 3 instances of the Terminal, one for each account, simply install to different directories . . .

Good point, thx! It is kind of a resource hog, but will work :)
Reason: