metatester 32 and 64 - and build 298 does not run...

Hi.

I've installed metatrader and metatester of course, on 3 pcs, all build 298.

On the main pc, i've the 32 bit version, and is the pc from where i launch the optimization.

The other 2 pc/hosts, are with windows 64 bit, and i installed metatester64.exe

Everything with firewall and network is ok.

The problem is that when i install the services (on ports 2000 and 2001 since 2 cpus) they are installed with a

STOP status. 

When i try to change the status from STOP to START, it does not change, remaining in STOP state.

A bug?

Someone can help me? 

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

forexistence:

Hi.

I've installed metatrader and metatester of course, on 3 pcs, all build 298.

On the main pc, i've the 32 bit version, and is the pc from where i launch the optimization.

The other 2 pc/hosts, are with windows 64 bit, and i installed metatester64.exe

Everything with firewall and network is ok.

The problem is that when i install the services (on ports 2000 and 2001 since 2 cpus) they are installed with a

STOP status. 

When i try to change the status from STOP to START, it does not change, remaining in STOP state.

A bug?

Someone can help me? 

Unfortunately we can't say anything while you don't send us more information.

Could you send us logs of your agents.

alexvd:

Unfortunately we can't say anything while you don't send us more information.

Could you send us logs of your agents.

I Partially solved the problem.

The problem was that some weeks ago, i installed ONLY the metatester.exe file in the c:\windows\ folder

build 274, something like running an "hidden" services, to avoid other persons to uninstall

metatrader 5, if they discover the fully installed application, the reason why i've installed only the metatester.exe

(just copied the file from another installation in another pc, and launched it on the new host/pc).

For a while, i remember that the metatester.exe on the host(agent) pc, were running ok.

I remember than when i updated the metatrader5 on the main pc (from where i launch optimization)

on a new further build more than 274; on the host pc with only copied and installed metatester.exe build 274

the remote agency would not run more (i think due to a differences of build between the main pc and the agent pc).

- A suggestion: from this experience, i would suggest to make a only (standalone) metatester.exe installation

file with AUTO-UPDATING, without the need to install the fully metatrader5, and/or without the need

to everytime copy the metatester.exe from the main pc to the agent pc. This way, we can use

the agent pcs only as agent of metatester, without installing the terminal. Yes, This can be done time by

time by copying the metatester.exe from the main pc / main build, to the host/agent pc, but is

unuseful and confusing. Instead, creating a self-installing, self-updating standalone metatester

application without the terminal, it would be all more soft and fast, less confusing for who want

keep track on the updates of metatrader only on the main pc, and use other pcs only as

agents without the need to install the full metatrader, and manually everytime updating it.

I hope metaquotes team will build up a standalone metatester application, for who want

install only the metatester agent, auto-updatable, and not the fully terminal.

Returning to the problem:

After i discovered the agents would not run due to a different build version between

main pc and agent pc (i think), i choose to install the full metatrader5, with metatester.exe of course,

into host agent pc.

After installing it, and setted the firewall parameters, finally the agent would run ok.

Also after updating the metatrader, both on the main pc and the agent pc, remote

agency would run ok.

Sometime and somewhere, some time after, when a new build installed both on a main pc and agency pc,

the metatester.exe on the agency pc, stopped to run. I supposed to a different build again,

or due to the fact than on the main pc, the metatrader is 32 bit, and on the agent pc is

metatester64.exe 64 bit, but not sure of this!

Yesterday i PARTIALLY solved the problem.

I discovered in windows information, in services, that 4 metatester instances were running.

The first 2 (2000 and 2001 ports) were FROM c:\windows\metatester.exe (the build 274) that i forgot

to delete/uninstall. I want remember that this file were manually copied from the main pc to the host pc,

and not copied from a fully installation of metatrader5 on the host pc.

The other 2 were c:\programfiles\metatrader5\metatester64.exe (build 289).

Simply: when i tried to install the metatester64.exe build 289, on ports 2000 and 2001,

it was putted automatically on a STOP status, i suppose due to the fact that another 2 instances

of metatester.exe were running on the same ports (the forgotten c:\windows\metatester.exe build 274).

Infact, when i assigned as ports 2002 and 2003 to the metatester64.exe build 289 they starte with a RUNNING

(no stop) status.  BUT even if seems running, they are not processing the agency, they won't run as agents,

since when i start optimization from the main pc, the agents metatester64.exe 2002 and 2003 ports on host/agent pc

would not figure out in the graphical tool of agents in main pc optimization windows (only the local 2 cpus were running).

Don't know how to solve this.

I also tried to uninstall metatrader5 on the host agent pc, but this is not allowed because

it says to close metatrader5, even if i have not opened it, and even if i unistalled all the agents metatester

services. (???)

Really strange. Because the metatester is runned for a period on all pcs correctly, even with both

metatester.exe copied file and metatester.exe (i dont remember if 64 or 32) from a normal installation.

I will send you the log asap.

I hope i has been done clear as possible.

Thanks

Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileCopy
  • www.mql5.com
File Functions / FileCopy - Documentation on MQL5

Hi.

After many tenctatives, i used to stopping the services, uninstall the metatrader5 and reinstalled again.

Now it accept the metatester64.exe the ports 2000 and 2001.

But still those ports-agents wont run.

The build is 294. I'm updating it.

In the meanwhile, from the main pc, the optimizer, it is the log:

2010.07.28 02:30:30    L2    Optimization pass (272, 314979) returned to queue
2010.07.28 02:30:30    L2    Disconnected
2010.07.28 02:30:29    L2    Authorized (agent build 294)
2010.07.28 02:30:29    L2    Connected
2010.07.28 02:30:29    L2    Connecting to 192.168.1.68:2001
2010.07.28 02:30:29    L2    Genetic pass (272, 314979) started

(L2 is the host/agent pc)

Thanks

ps: the agent remains on a busy status for many time, but no cpu usage..

pps: the operating system where agents are installed is Windows 7! Maybe this is not compatible with the

main optimization pc (where optimization is launched) that is on Windows Vista???

Hi.

I want inform you that with the build 299 everything is running again ok. Thanks metaquotes.

Reason: