using NotePad++ to edit and compile - page 2

??

Most of the people I have heard of are using Notepad++ only because it compares different files.

??? >> Horses for courses...

Most people reading this forum would be using MetaEditor, but that doesn't make it the best solution.

How about integration of Help within Notepad?

If there is a way to handle it, i might try out the Notepad++ , or UltraEdit more probably.

and regarding comparing .. khmm ..  BeyondCompare :)

graziani:

How about integration of Help within Notepad?

Before b600++ Help was a separate file now it is integrated so I don't think so.

But of course one can write a Plugin for Notepad++ that googles e.g. a selected word ;)

I am currently working with the EA in the MT4-editor and right beside it in the Notepad++ I have all the mqh-files opened with the very easy and quick access to all the various functions.

I just want to add that after some emails now the translation is working (version 3.1.1.0 may be in preparation for the plugin manager, thank you very, very much Shaleen Mishra )

So In case of Russian comments or error text of downloaded mt4-code or if your English is not so good

and you have installed the the Notepad++ plugin Translation you can select

- either Microsoft's Bing translator (which requires a registration)

- or MyMemory (no registration, 1000 words free and 10'000 words free if you give them your email address).

set your language From:.. To:.. mark the text and Alt-Ctrl-z and you'll see a popup window with the translation and the option to copy this to the clipboard.

I think this is pretty helpful for many people here!!

You might set a document to UTF-8 (ANSI is not enough) in case you paste Russian text and you see only ?????. ??? ????? instead of Russian!

This is what it does for you:

gooly 2015.01.19 15:57

Hi, finally I managed to use NotePad++ (google) to edit and compile mt4-files with some surprises :)

1) I created one folder for both mt4-compiler: 32 and 64 bit. (you'll find the HowTo in: Editor=>F1=>Search:"Compiling")

Hello,

I try to reproduce this tutorial, unfortunately I feel that the help file is no longer with explanations to achieve a compilation outside MetaEditor.

Any help is welcome. 

tintin92:

Hello,

I try to reproduce this tutorial, unfortunately I feel that the help file is no longer with explanations to achieve a compilation outside MetaEditor.

Any help is welcome.

??

If I enter 'Compiling' in the Editor's help (tab search) I get a page with 2 links:

https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mql32.exe  — 32 bit version. I changed the filename to mql32.exe

https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mql64.exe  — 64 bit version.

In notepad++ you have to use and configure NppExec (could be an adddon)

hello Gooly,

Thanks for your answer.

All infos are here right ?  

Compilation from the Command Line

What I get with  'Compiling' in the Editor's help (tab search):

'Compiling' in the Editor's help (tab search)

gooly:

Hi, finally I managed to use NotePad++ (google) to edit and compile mt4-files with some surprises :)

1) I created one folder for both mt4-compiler: 32 and 64 bit. (you'll find the HowTo in: Editor=>F1=>Search:"Compiling")

2) In that folder I created as well two folders MQL4 and MQL5!

3) In the MQL4 folder I placed links to the mt4 code-folders (Include, Experts, ..)

4) In the MQL5.folder I placed just links to MT4's Include and Libraries folder.

5) For the links I use Schinagl's Link File Extension (google) but may be it is not needed Win7-link might do it as well (a kind of a personal historical residual)

6) In Notepad++ (abrev. Npp) I installed MppExec (it's a plugin).

6) If you now want to compile a mt4 file ..NppExec -> Execute (F6 does not work :() a little windows open with some sample code.

You just need:

".." has to be replaced by the correct part of the path to the folder with the compiler and both MQL-folders

7) save the two lines!

8) In NppExec' options window I checked:

9) I set the Console Output Filters this way:

Ok - done :)

To get the highlights of mt4 I crearted the attached file, which you have to "import" in Npp: Language => Define your Language.. => IMPORT

If you now compile an EA or Indicator the ex4-file is created in the Experts\ resp. Indicators\ folders.

It compiles mq4 (I haven't tried mq5).

It even compiles mqh but code of b500-- will throw errors ONLY if you compile the mqh-files.

If you compile mq4-files with 'old' mqh you'll get no error.

If you have mqh files that include other mqh-Files the compiler needs the MQL5-folder even if you have only mq4 files

Now your mql4-EA can include MQL5 mqh like e.g. Statistica.mqh:  Functions - library for MetaTrader 5

(the editor compiles it as well!)

Finally I found out that if an include01.mqh includes other mqh-file and your EA includes them as well everything is loaded only once - it works, I haven't had any troubles so far..

Good luck,

Gooly

PS: Another goody of NotePad++: There is a Plugin Translate, so I guess you can translate Russian (or English or..) comments and text in to your favourite language - but I haven't used it so far.

PPS: I was informed that it could be that you have to switch FILE_NAME and the i:Path options - try it yoursc

gooly:

2) In that folder I created as well two folders MQL4 and MQL5!

3) In the MQL4 folder I placed links to the mt4 code-folders (Include, Experts, ..)

4) In the MQL5.folder I placed just links to MT4's Include and Libraries folder.

5) For the links I use Schinagl's Link File Extension (google) but may be it is not needed Win7-link might do it as well (a kind of a personal historical residual)

6) In Notepad++ (abrev. Npp) I installed MppExec (it's a plugin).

6) If you now want to compile a mt4 file ..NppExec -> Execute (F6 does not work :() a little windows open with some sample code.

You just need:

".." has to be replaced by the correct part of the path to the folder with the compiler and both MQL-folders

7) save the two lines!

8) In NppExec' options window I checked:

9) I set the Console Output Filters this way:

Ok - done :)

To get the highlights of mt4 I crearted the attached file, which you have to "import" in Npp: Language => Define your Language.. => IMPORT

If you now compile an EA or Indicator the ex4-file is created in the Experts\ resp. Indicators\ folders.

It compiles mq4 (I haven't tried mq5).

It even compiles mqh but code of b500-- will throw errors ONLY if you compile the mqh-files.

If you compile mq4-files with 'old' mqh you'll get no error.

If you have mqh files that include other mqh-Files the compiler needs the MQL5-folder even if you have only mq4 files

Now your mql4-EA can include MQL5 mqh like e.g. Statistica.mqh:  Functions - library for MetaTrader 5

(the editor compiles it as well!)

Finally I found out that if an include01.mqh includes other mqh-file and your EA includes them as well everything is loaded only once - it works, I haven't had any troubles so far..

Good luck,

Gooly

PS: Another goody of NotePad++: There is a Plugin Translate, so I guess you can translate Russian (or English or..) comments and text in to your favourite language - but I haven't used it so far.

PPS: I was informed that it could be that you have to switch FILE_NAME and the i:Path options - try it yourself:

Can you please help me that how can i put a account number on a ea or indicator to be used by only one whose account number is there

VIM all the way on Linux and MQL4 coding.
Reason: