Newbie question: Adjusting target price on all position.

Hello,

I'm new to this great community of traders and just starting with Metatrader4. I'm mainly playing with its iPad app.

Somehow I really hate that Limit order can't be placed with price equal or higher (in case of buy) than current Ask price. The reason is that the market I'm on is really shallow and 99% of the time Market order gets realized at very different price due to slippage (so I'm using Limit order as kind of "sure" market order)...

Anyway, there isn't possibly any solution to this... But I wanted to note it...

My second problem - and this is something I think you could help me with - is that I'm starting orders mainly on iPhone / iPad app without any Target Profit set (its quicker for me)...

Sometimes also I have Limit order that gets divided by 0.01 lot to large number of small positions and this makes adjusting Target Profit difficult (and a lot of clicking).

So everytime I end up with a lot of small open positions (and its very uncomfortable to close or modify them one by one). Is there some script that I can use, just to adjust Target Profit for all open positions (or all orders)? I'm mainly LONG...

Metatrader4 is great platform in other aspects.

Thank you very much in advance for your opinions.

Carlos

google for trade manager there are a lot of them

Can you give me one example of free software?

Come on :( google for e.g. Multi purpose trade manager

What do you think, do you think I can't use google? That's silly!

Sure, I tried to google it... But I found many old threads from 2008 which I'm not sure they are compatible nor I'm sure they have the functionality I need.

I've also found many software that is not opensource and is pretty expensive. I don't want to test them one by one just to find that they are useless for my case.

Why do you think I'm posting it here? To know your experiences with it..

If you know some trade manager that allows feature I need, why don't you name it here?

bitcash:

If you know some trade manager that allows feature I need, why don't you name it here?

yes e.g. Multi-purpose trade manager.

Metatrader is the best for this but if you don't already know where to get a script or EA to do what you want then you have to learn to write one.

Writing an EA or script for this should be simple even for a noob like me.
If you can't find a free one like the multi purpose trade manager then post the project on this site and pay someone to build it if you don't want to learn to do it yourself

That's about all I know.

Sort of covers it all, but either way you'll end up with what your looking for one way or the other.

gooly:
yes e.g. Multi-purpose trade manager.
Can you give me a link? THx

Agent86:
If you can't find a free one like the multi purpose trade manager

I've found many scripts but I don't want to test others source code if it has the function I need...

I need only: "to adjust Target Profit for all open LONG positions (or all orders)"

https://www.mql5.com/en/job

Are you dumb or what?

I can code it myself, but I thought this community is helpful...

Please stop with your clever "google this, google that" its just your stupidity... when you don't have anything to add to this topic please don't post!

Reason: