iMAOnArray on Stochastics return always Zero !!!

Hi,

I'm creating an EA that uses the:

-Stochastics (Main line);

-SMA21 on Stochastics ("First Indicators Data"),

to generate signals. The problem is that the  "SMA21 on Stochastics" always return 0 , why ?

Here's an extract of the code:

int start()

{

if(!IsBarClosed(0, true)) return(0); 

Main_Line[1] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 1);

Main_Line[2] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 2);

Main_Line[3] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 3);

Main_Line[4] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 4);

for(int i=0;i<5;i++)

{

MAofStochBuffer[i] = iMAOnArray(Main_Line, 0, 21, 0, MODE_SMA, i);

PrintFormat("SMA21 on first indicator: %s", DoubleToStr(MAofStochBuffer[i], 2));

}

return(0);  

}

--Values printed out:

SMA21 on first indicator: 0.00

Why ? Thanks in advance.

Jo. 

jfortes:

Hi,

I'm creating an EA that uses the:

-Stochastics (Main line);

-SMA21 on Stochastics ("First Indicators Data"),

to generate signals. The problem is that the  "SMA21 on Stochastics" always return 0 , why ?

Here's an extract of the code:

int start()

{

if(!IsBarClosed(0, true)) return(0); 

Main_Line[1] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 1);

Main_Line[2] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 2);

Main_Line[3] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 3);

Main_Line[4] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 4);

for(int i=0;i<5;i++)

{

PrintFormat("SMA21 on first indicator: %s", DoubleToStr(MAofStochBuffer[i], 2));

}

return(0);  

}

--Values printed out:

Why ? Thanks in advance.

Jo. 

You should have enough elements in the first array to do calculations on.

double Main_Line[30];
double MAofStochBuffer[4];
//---

for(int i=0;i<30;i++)

{

Main_Line[i] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, i+1);

}

for(int i=0;i<4;i++)

{

}

//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call
   return(rates_total);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

This should give the same result.

for(int i=0;i<4;i++)

{

MAofStochBuffer[i] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 21, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_SIGNAL, i+1);

}

Thanks. Indeed it was the number of elements in Array Main_Line[] that did not allow the calculation :)

Now the only issue left is: I need to compare Main_Line[2] with the value of MAofStochBuffer at shift 2:

if(Main_Line[2] < MAofStochBuffer[2] )  , but for some reason the MAofStochBuffer at shift 2 is different from the value read from the Indicator window.

Is it because the iMAOnArray populates the output Array in reverse mode ? (as per documentation).

Thanks again for the help. 

Problem fixed thx.

Created a custom indicator that calculates the Stochastics and iMAOnArray on Stochastics, and read the values from the EA.

jfortes:

Thanks. Indeed it was the number of elements in Array Main_Line[] that did not allow the calculation :)

Now the only issue left is: I need to compare Main_Line[2] with the value of MAofStochBuffer at shift 2:

if(Main_Line[2] < MAofStochBuffer[2] )  , but for some reason the MAofStochBuffer at shift 2 is different from the value read from the Indicator window.

Is it because the iMAOnArray populates the output Array in reverse mode ? (as per documentation).

Thanks again for the help. 

You're right, so it's important to have the exact amount of elements in the first array.

double Main_Line[21+4];
   double MAofStochBuffer[4];
//---

for(int i=0;i<21+4;i++)

{

Main_Line[i] = iStochastic(Symbol(), Period(), 21, 21, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, i);

}

for(int i=0;i<4;i++)

{

}

PrintFormat("SMA21 on third index [2] : %s", DoubleToStr(MAofStochBuffer[2], 2));

//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call
   return(rates_total);
  }

Reason: