Stop Loss & Take Profit keep on changing value

hi everybody..

I'm working on a simple EA,. I realized that my SL & TP keep on changing after testing it on demo..

Initially, I set input parameters, SL =10 pips, TP = 10 pips..but it keep on changing and appear on a trade SL =9 pips, TP = 11 pips/ SL =8 pips, TP = 12 pips/ SL =11 pips, TP = 9 pips/ SL =12 pips, TP = 9 pips,...

please, can someone explain to me why is this happening,..and kindly solve my problem,.thanks

Slippage

GumRai:
Slippage
There is no slippage on demo account.

wayneb:

hi everybody..

I'm working on a simple EA,. I realized that my SL & TP keep on changing after testing it on demo..

Initially, I set input parameters, SL =10 pips, TP = 10 pips..but it keep on changing and appear on a trade SL =9 pips, TP = 11 pips/ SL =8 pips, TP = 12 pips/ SL =11 pips, TP = 9 pips/ SL =12 pips, TP = 9 pips,...

please, can someone explain to me why is this happening,..and kindly solve my problem,.thanks

How do you calculate these values 9-11/8-12/11-9, etc... Can you show your trades history ?

angevoyageur:
There is no slippage on demo account.

Are you sure about that?

The OP does not use RefreshRates() in the code and it is quite possible that the loops could take some time to execute, therefore missing ticks.

So, on demo, a trade will be placed at the Ask price loaded when start() is called, no matter whether ticks have been missed or not? 

angevoyageur:
How do you calculate these values 9-11/8-12/11-9, etc... Can you show your trades history ?
yes sure..

GumRai:

Are you sure about that?

The OP does not use RefreshRates() in the code and it is quite possible that the loops could take some time to execute, therefore missing ticks.

So, on demo, a trade will be placed at the Ask price loaded when start() is called, no matter whether ticks have been missed or not? 

Do you propose reducing slippage or no slippage at all? 

wayneb:
yes sure..
?

GumRai:

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am sure.

Even if the loops take too much time (which is possible here if trades history if very large), and your price doesn't correspond to actual price, you will get an Invalid price error(129).

Reason: