Looking for very basic EA's

Hi everyone, 

I'm just starting to look into MT4 after many years of trading manually. 

This site seems like a great place to learn all the in and outs of the platform - so that's great!

I have a demo account running on the MT4, and would like to run some tests on the EA function. For that i need a few very basic EA's, and as i'm not a programmer i hope some of you guys might point me in the directions of these EA's.

What i'm looking for is:

1. A EA using 2 moving averages (one SMA and one EMA). Trades are made on cross. 
  2. A EA using MACD that enters a trade when fast MACD crosses slow MACD (not the zero Line)
Ideally it would be great if the changeable variables for the EA are:

• SMA and EMA values
  • MACD variables (long, short, trigger)
  • Size of trade
  • Trailing SL level 

I know this might be some very basic EA's but i believe that this is the best way to get my head around this type of trading. 

Hope some feels like helping.

thanks! 

You have only three choices: Search for it, learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

Thanks WHRoeder, 

Oh i dont expect anyone to code it for me. I just see a lot of free EA's out there, so i expected that some of you guys might knew where to go and look for it.

In the future, i have no problem paying someone to code for me, but right now i need to get familiar with the platform first.  

VikingDK: so i expected that some of you guys might knew where to go and look for it.
What part of Search for it, doesn't answer your question?

VikingDK:

Thanks WHRoeder, 

Oh i dont expect anyone to code it for me. I just see a lot of free EA's out there, so i expected that some of you guys might knew where to go and look for it.

In the future, i have no problem paying someone to code for me, but right now i need to get familiar with the platform first.  

See Codebase.

I think you are looking for the universal ma cross EA:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/1933-universal-ma-cross-ea.html

It seems this is the original thread, but there are many versions out there. I don't know which is compatible with the new MT4 builds.

BTW this is not a very basic EA, it has almost all the parameters one can think of regarding MA crosses.

Reason: