CHART WINDOWS SEQUENCE cannot be kept

Hello,

I would like to create a PROFILE where I will always find the chart windows (the tags) in the same sequence.

Example, from left to right: the tags would be AUDUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, and I want to keep this sequence as it is.

The same idea if one would like to organize them alphabetically.

UNFORTUNATELY this doesn't work: when you put them in your favourite sequence, you then close MT4 and when you reopen MT4, your graph windows are in a different sequence, example it will be GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, EURUSD,....just NOT what you were looking for. I also could not figure out how MT4 is building its sequence.....there seems to be no logic !

I have tried everything, create a profile from scratch, modify existing profiles, what have you,...but it never comes back in my favourite sequence.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue ?

Thank you

JP

To be honest, if let say I put the chart order from left to right, GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, it will stay that way. Even after close and then open again.

I never have a problem either.

I don't know if it is still the same, but it used to be that you had to close down the platform before shutting down your computer or all recent changes would be lost.

Do you close your platform or just shut down your computer?

Yeah, improper shut down usually leads to improper start up too.

jpginvest001:

Hello,

I would like to create a PROFILE where I will always find the chart windows (the tags) in the same sequence.

Example, from left to right: the tags would be AUDUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, and I want to keep this sequence as it is.

The same idea if one would like to organize them alphabetically.

UNFORTUNATELY this doesn't work: when you put them in your favourite sequence, you then close MT4 and when you reopen MT4, your graph windows are in a different sequence, example it will be GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, EURUSD,....just NOT what you were looking for. I also could not figure out how MT4 is building its sequence.....there seems to be no logic !

I have tried everything, create a profile from scratch, modify existing profiles, what have you,...but it never comes back in my favourite sequence.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue ?

Thank you

JP

Look what the name of your current profile is (suppose name_of_profile).

From File menu select Open Data Folder.

Close the Terminal.

In the data folder, locate and edit file ....\profiles\name_of_profile\order.wnd, in a notepad.

Move lines as you need them.

Hi folk, I'm new trader and I've same problem!! I tried a lot of different ways but everytime I turn on my MT4 the sequence/sort of my chart windows is completely randomized!!!

(Eg. indeed I modified order.wnd file in my profile folder, anytime I load MT4 windows sequence doesn't follow it and when I turn off MT4 my order.wnd file changes)

I'm going to be depressed for it. Someone can help me to solve this destroying-my-brain problem?

Thank you

Business

Tech info:

Metatrader 4 Teletrade EU

Version 4.00 build 670

(4 Jul 2014)

Launched from linux/ubuntu 14.04LTS 32bit in emutation with wine (but same problem also using it on windows 7 64bit home premium and an old windows vista 32bit home premium)

upgrade: it's working on windows 7 64bit home premium

Still problem with ubuntu. Some news about it please?

you can write a script that closes all open charts and re-open them in the sequence you prefer.

Oh thanks a lot gooly!! Just please let me know how I can do it! I don't know how to start

You find everything you need here
Reason: