Need Suggetion?

Hi,

I am currently running EA for different pairs with different chart?

now i wouldlike to combine with one EA.

ie. one EA filters different pairs,different tf,etc..

Is this good idea or better to run EA with different chart?

Your advice are welcome.

If you want a performance wise, a dedicated ea is much better.

sheriffonline: Is this good idea or better to run EA with different chart?

Not a good idea. A lot of work for zero gain. You can't use any of the predefined variables, you don't get ticks from the other pairs, Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 forum

WHRoeder:

Not a good idea. A lot of work for zero gain. You can't use any of the predefined variables, you don't get ticks from the other pairs, Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 forum

I agree. Unless you have a strategy which is using correlation (or similar) between currencies.

angevoyageur: I agree. Unless you have a strategy which is using correlation (or similar) between currencies.
There is no "Unless" (except an arbitrage trader.) You can read the values from the other currencies if you need to but no need to trade them on the current chart (EA on the other chart will on its chart.)

Thanks for your valuable suggetions.

WHRoeder:
There is no "Unless" (except an arbitrage trader.) You can read the values from the other currencies if you need to but no need to trade them on the current chart (EA on the other chart will on its chart.)
My "unless" was related to "zero gain". I understand your point, but I am thinking as a MT5 programmer also, which can backtest multi-currency EA. For MT4 you are probably right that it is not worth the extra time.

Seperate EAs trading the same account or one multi pair EA would face the same issues, if the first pair required to make trade operations all the rest would have to wait while the trade operations are executed in the first pair. That could create a significant lag depending on response times.

So I would think the optimal configuration for trading say, ten pairs would be ten broker accounts, ten MT4's, ten EA's.

Reason: