When is the next build being released -- B628+

So the question is, Does anyone have an inkling as to when there will be another release?

I've rolled back to 509 anyway(with a annoyance of UAC and my broker trying to make me upgrade) and in truth the main reason I want the newer 600+ is simply for the alert that can be adjusted on screen but the issues with 628 make it impractical to use for real-time non-EA trading.

What do you mean? B600+ is getting feature rich and you can adjust alert using Objects function.

What issues which makes it impractical to use for real-time non-EA trading?

I mean is 625 going to be around as long as 509? As Switching to my Brokers bespoke software is necessary if it is.

What makes it impractical is paying an extra 0.1 pip on my trades for an extended period is throwing money away when mt4 is no longer suitable for real trading it is already not only an inconvenience but a money loser to have to re-agree to one click trading when with b509 I'm, in and out in the time it takes me to add the extra 2 mouse clicks to re-agree every day making the software worthless for scalps. Yes I know that there is an object, I already use a Trend line alert. The visual marker on 625 when an alert is placed being the only benefit of 625 to me and not useful enough to justify the upgrade given the one-click bug. Metaeditor doesn't work, just opens then closes. Magazines and an inbuilt PDF viewer are of no use. My only EA on 625 gives fake alerts just sounding off without an alert box which works fine on 509.

You need to update your ea code for 625 since 509 will be phasing out completely soon enough and broker will force you if you don't. Paying 0.1 pip is broker specific. There are many brokers that don't charge. Look around.

Post your code here if you want help to check why is your code is working as it should.

Use SRC when posting the code.

finesse57:

Metaeditor doesn't work, just opens then closes. ...

I had same problem and it was caused by antivirus marking Metaeditor as infected.

If that is the case, add metaeditor as exception in your antivirus configuration.

Thanks, The issue is that the sound wave plays Yo.wav but the alert does not appear/pop up on both 625 and 628. This does not happen

on 509. This seems to be the crux as it is the only place where the YO.wav file is referenced. There is simply declarations above(iADX,iMA,iHigh,iOpen). No arrays, no loops, etc. The EA is there simply to alert me to a trend across multiple timeframes. My main issue is that when 509 is no longer available and this ghost alert still persists, mt4 is no longer of any use and and need to transfer my client so would rather do this sooner than what I imagine will be an abrupt cancellation. Trading is my sole income and really don't want to use up my time on programming. More practical to dump it due to the basic nature of my script, it may take just as long to figure out a new language for the limited amount of programming knowledge I need to trade.

if(hr4==true){
if (  
   Bid > maw240m && Bid > maw15b 
   && maw240x > maw2401 && maw158 > amaw158 && maw15b > amaw15b && maw240x > amaw240x && maw240m < maw240x
   && ml < maw240m && Bid > mas24014 
   //&& macd51 > 0 //&& aml < amaw240x && pclose4 > amaw240x   
   && mawd5 > mawd8  && mawd5 > mawd5x
   && adxg5 > adxr5 && adxg60 > adxr60 && adxg6060 > adxr6060
   && adxw14g > adxw14r && dadx60g > dadx60r
   && maww1 > maww2 && maww2 > maww3
)
{   
Print ("x1min"); Alert(Symbol(),(" "),TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_MINUTES),("  4xUP "+Bid));PlaySound("yo.wav");Sleep(1000000);
}

I cannot understand how it can sound off the yo.wav while ignoring the rest of the statement.

Note the if statement varies depending on market 'mood' remming out lines if needed. The code is run on 10-15 chart variations(EURUSD,GBPJPY, etc). Also I am a trader firstly and code out of necessity. That is it is not a hobby or pastime but a means to an end. If the error is not readily apparent, no worries. May just be time to explore new avenues.

BTW. Is there a way to +/-1 hour to the TimeToStr ? Another feature that would be useful but may be my brokers fault is that the time on the charts do not adjust to Daylight savings time/GMT/BST.

drazen64:

I had same problem and it was caused by antivirus marking Metaeditor as infected.

If that is the case, add metaeditor as exception in your antivirus configuration.

Thanks. I had tried that with Ad-Adware AV. But it still persisted neither did the AV actually say it was a virus or quarantine the .exe. So I just rolled back to 509 as the quickest solution to get me back to trading.

deysmacro:

What do you mean? B600+ is getting feature rich and you can adjust alert using Objects function.

How do you adjust alert using the objects function? Is this the popup alert or a different type of alert I am unfamiliar with?

Use Ctrl F and search for "yo.wav" to be sure that something else is not causing the sound

or change to a different sound

This bit of code works perfectly for me

{

Print ("x1min"); 
Alert(Symbol(),(" "),TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_MINUTES),("  4xUP "+Bid));
PlaySound("news.wav");
}

4evermaat:

How do you adjust alert using the objects function? Is this the popup alert or a different type of alert I am unfamiliar with?

Unfortunately it needs a little bit of advanced coding to make it work. Though it is not a problem for our seniors here.

And I think GumRai have solve the problem too by the way.

GumRai:

Use Ctrl F and search for "yo.wav" to be sure that something else is not causing the sound

or change to a different sound

This bit of code works perfectly for me

Possibly it may be better to use one of the standard sounds. The issue wasn't that it never gave the pop up but sometimes just made the sound without any reason for it. Once I close my daytrades I'll give this a go. I'll be closing up early for Easter so will get a few test hours. Thanks for your input, GR.
Reason: