Oanda historic data not present

Hi
Weekend coder here resuming my learning on MQL4

I started the metatrader 4 and was going to review some of my old EA's and start working on them again and noticed there is no historic data to work on any EA's
Says i'm connected and the chart is there but it is the weekend so there is no charts moving or data feeds coming in.
How can I backtest on the weekend if I don't have any data ?

Do I just have to wait for the weekday for the data to update ?

Please advise
Thanks

Agent86:
Hi
Weekend coder here resuming my learning on MQL4

I started the metatrader 4 and was going to review some of my old EA's and start working on them again and noticed there is no historic data to work on any EA's
Says i'm connected and the chart is there but it is the weekend so there is no charts moving or data feeds coming in.
How can I backtest on the weekend if I don't have any data ?

Do I just have to wait for the weekday for the data to update ?

Please advise
Thanks

Maybe your Demo account has expired ? you can always download MetaQuotes data from the History Center - F2

RaptorUK:
Maybe you Demo account has expired ? you can always download MetaQuotes data from the History Center - F2

Thanks,
I'm logged in with my real account.
I do know about the downloading of metaquotes data.
I select EUR/USD and press download, I get a message about it downloading from metaquotes that says "but my account is with oanda" ?
And goes on about disputes etc etc.
I was reluctant to continue but I downloaded the metaquotes and seem to get the same history error:
2014.02.03 10:01:33 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD5'

whatever time I select for any EA I get the same thing.

Thanks for the help

Agent86:

Thanks,
I'm logged in with my real account.
I do know about the downloading of metaquotes data.
I select EUR/USD and press download, I get a message about it downloading from metaquotes that says "but my account is with oanda" ?
And goes on about disputes etc etc. I was reluctant to continue.
Should I disregard this and download metaquotes data ?
That is for you to decide . .. if your Account is active and you can log on OK you should be able to get your Broker's current data, have you tried right clicking the chart and then clicking Refresh ?

If you have not connected for a few months you will have gaps in your data, especially the lower timeframes such as M1 and M5 . . . possibly even M15.

RaptorUK:
That is for you to decide . .. if your Account is active and you can log on OK you should be able to get your Broker's current data, have you tried right clicking the chart and then clicking Refresh ?

If you have not connected for a few months you will have gaps in your data, especially the lower timeframes such as M1 and M5 . . . possibly even M15.

a few month LOL more like a year, yes I actually deleted the downloaded data and hit refresh again.

So I see some of the time frames show there is data while others like the 1hr or 30min do not

But i still get the 'no history'

I scroll back on each timeframe and I can't even backtest an EA just a couple days back. keeps saying no history.

Agent86:
I scroll back on each timeframe and I can't even backtest an EA just a couple days back. keeps saying no history.
What does your Broker say ?

I have the historical data showing in history for all time frames, but the EA's all say no history in spite of data being present for the dates being tested

OMG, sorry about this I found out why.

Because I haven't logged in to test EA's in so long that the "to date" was showing 2013 so it was before the "from date" that I selected.
Duh !
I didn't catch that I thought it was defaulting "to today's date"
So that should get me started
Thanks
Reason: