Metatrader stops back testing upon sleep mode

When using metatrader this morning, it had been running for 12 hours and had two hours left, but the lid in the laptop was pushed down too far and it went into sleep mode. When the laptop was woken back up a minute later, it reported that the backrest was completed, but had nor completed the final two hours.

Is this normal as at the training centre, we were told this would pick up the process again if the computer had only been put to sleep?

Many thanks in advance.

Dtfrancis15:
When using metatrader this morning, it had been running for 12 hours and had two hours left, but the lid in the laptop was pushed down too far and it went into sleep mode. When the laptop was woken back up a minute later, it reported that the backrest was completed, but had nor completed the final two hours.

Is this normal as at the training centre, we were told this would pick up the process again if the computer had only been put to sleep?

Many thanks in advance.
I believe that this has always been the normal behavior ... but, I could be wrong.

Dtfrancis15: Is this normal as at the training centre, we were told this would pick up the process again if the computer had only been put to sleep?
  1. I assume you mean optimizing, not back testing.
  2. I've had mine sleep may times, it resumes just fine.
  3. If you're using Genetic Algorithm, the estimated passes, estimated time to complete are just that, estimated. The actual run may be shorter or much longer. I suspect that the run was done, the button said start not stop, you just didn't notice.

Thanks for the comments. We have just done this on two sessions optimising (my mistake on terms as it is actually my partners system I just help support). It runs windows 8 and had reached about 500 passes today before we put the laptop to sleep. Having just reopened the laptop, it has reopened to where it was but there is no processing happening. The button I the bottom right says STOP and the activity bar is about quarter of the way along. Can this be restarted from this point or do we have to accept it cannot be stopped once started?

Dtfrancis15:
Thanks for the comments. We have just done this on two sessions optimising (my mistake on terms as it is actually my partners system I just help support). It runs windows 8 and had reached about 500 passes today before we put the laptop to sleep. Having just reopened the laptop, it has reopened to where it was but there is no processing happening. The button I the bottom right says STOP and the activity bar is about quarter of the way along. Can this be restarted from this point or do we have to accept it cannot be stopped once started?

I am not sure how it is with the genetic algorithm set. In case you are not using the genetic algorithm, the recent test results will be adopted without recalculation.

BTW, have you checked the Pause/Break button, whether the test was not only on pause?

We are seeing the progress bar at 100% and regularly end on around 1500 out of 1650 passes on one installation, while the second and third ones complete all 1650 passes, and this is not just when the laptop is hibernated.

This is now working fine and we have moved the laptop several times so it appears there may have been an issue causing this at the time.
Reason: