Is the service desk still working ?

Well, I haven't received answer for quite a while... Should we post bugs and issues straight on the forum?

I wouldn't bother if I were you. I didn't get any reply for any bugs I posted here on the forum or through the bug reporting tool.

PS. that makes the whole situation with the championship really weird. Systems which have any chance of winning will be the systems which were tested and developed in another environment and then ported to MT5. Was that the idea?

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

Guess only simple EAs will have to battle for the prize, everything complicated is delayed undefinately due to the tester. And we had so many hopes and dreams. It's not only this silly championship that's at stake - it's an entire new trading world beyond the iron curtain of the tester - totally new ways to think trading that were never researched in retail... And all of these have to wait...

We saw all your requests and we are working on them. Please wait a while.

Thanks, Alexey!

TheEconomist:
Guess only simple EAs will have to battle for the prize, everything complicated is delayed undefinately due to the tester. And we had so many hopes and dreams. It's not only this silly championship that's at stake - it's an entire new trading world beyond the iron curtain of the tester - totally new ways to think trading that were never researched in retail... And all of these have to wait...
maybe you are right, but if i remember you participated in closed beta testing so you already had a month more then others to learn mql5...

Yes, I participated, but one month ahead it's not quite too much of an advantage versus the others. In fact, once you learn the basics, or how MT4 specific stuff has transformed in MT5, it's quite easy, and work is not on mqlish elements, rather on pure programming of things that couldn't be done there...