Terminal not logging

Hello

I've gone through the help manual and it suggests that my terminal journal is logging and I can richt-click -> open a journal entry and it opens the explorer window showing the logs directory where the log for that entry is.

It does that. But I look at the files and none of them have been updated today, so my terminal is not logging.

Can someone tell me where the terminal journal is logging?

terminal directory\experts\logs

or terminal directory\logs

Unless you mistakenly installed it in \programs files* - UAC

strontiumDog:

Hello

I've gone through the help manual and it suggests that my terminal journal is logging and I can richt-click -> open a journal entry and it opens the explorer window showing the logs directory where the log for that entry is.

It does that. But I look at the files and none of them have been updated today, so my terminal is not logging.

Can someone tell me where the terminal journal is logging?

Look in the toolbar of the explorer window if there is a button called compatability files click on it. That is a function of UAC.

@SDC - spot on! I knew MT5 used the virtual store on win 7 but I'd overlooked now I've come back to mt4 that that was as well.

<user> -> AppData -> Local -> VirtualStore -> Program Files (x86) -> MetaTrader4 -> logs

Many thanks

Reason: