Volume[0] function returns wrong values

Hi,

how could it be, that Volume[0] returns the value 38 pips but the difference between High[0] and Low[0] ist 43 pips.

How could this be?

volume is not in pips. search for what volume means.

Normally, volume is the amount of a security traded in a time period.

Forex is not on a central exchange so it is not possible to get the real volume figure.

In MT4, volume means, how often the price changed in their time period.

Bar 0 is still open, so Volume[0] will change (go up 1, each tick) as the time period progresses

alladir:

Forex is not on a central exchange so it is not possible to get the real volume figure.

Bar 0 is still open, so Volume[0] will change (go up 1, each tick) as the time period progresses

It's not quite this simple though . . .

Price on a chart is drawn by the Bid price, so a tick ( Volume is tick count ) is not only a change in Bid price but can also be a change in Ask price, it has also been stated that a tick can be as a result of other changes in the Symbol parameters but this is not something I have verified for myself.

alladir:

who said price || mt4_volume had to move 1_pip || point at a time?

RaptorUK:

It's not quite this simple though . . .

it has also been stated that a tick can be as a result of other changes in the Symbol parameters but this is not something I have verified for myself.

me neither.. actually from time to time I run program to verify tick data, one thing it checks is whether price is static or not, and so far never found it to be

ubzen:

who said price || mt4_volume had to move 1_pip || point at a time?

I think raptor was clarifying that although it 'looks' like price hasn't changed, it maybe that there's a new ask, with the old bid, and therefore a new tick, which is normally invisable

alladir:

me neither.. actually from time to time I run program to verify tick data, one thing it checks is whether price is static or not, and so far never found it to be

ubzen:

I think raptor was clarifying that although it 'looks' like price hasn't changed, it maybe that there's a new ask, with the old bid, and therefore a new tick, which is normally invisable

Yes, one broker's charts that I use routinely show a volume double other brokers'. Simply because this particular broker changes the spread so often.
Reason: