How to deal with mql4 taking previous bars off the chart? [solved]

Coolaid:
Is there any way to go beyond the limit of 'Max bars on chart' option?
You need more than 2,147,483,647 bars on a chart ?

Not exactly sure what you are asking here but I'll take a stab.

All I can tell you is to go to tools, options, charts and set max bars in to some big number you need for some reason. Of course it can't be bigger than your Max Bars in History. Then of course you willl need to make sure you have the history to draw the said chart. You may have to restart platform to take effect.

PipPip...Jimdandy.

p.s. my thoughts exactly Rap.... How many bars do you really need?

RaptorUK:
You need more than 2,147,483,647 bars on a chart ?

Jimdandy:

Not exactly sure what you are asking here but I'll take a stab.

All I can tell you is to go to tools, options, charts and set max bars in to some big number you need for some reason. Of course it can't be bigger than your Max Bars in History. Then of course you willl need to make sure you have the history to draw the said chart. You may have to restart platform to take effect.

PipPip...Jimdandy.

p.s. my thoughts exactly Rap.... How many bars do you really need?

I need a certain date. For instance i was analyzing bars on M5 from 2012.11.23 a few weeks ago. Now that these few weeks have passed all the bars are no longer there. They have been shifted.

Coolaid:

I need a certain date. For instance i was analyzing bars on M5 from 2012.11.23 a few weeks ago. Now that these few weeks have passed all the bars are no longer there. They have been shifted.

iBarShift

deVries:

iBarShift

I'm not trying to program anything just view the bars that get deleted of the main window as time passes.

Coolaid: Is there any way to go beyond the limit of 'Max bars on chart' option?

I'm not trying to program anything just view the bars that get deleted of the main window as time passes.

They're not being deleted, they've just scrolled off the window. Turn off the auto scroll, and drag the window back (drag to the right)
Reason: