Horizontal lines disappear

Hello i got a problem on my Meta trader 4 platform.

A few days ago my horizontal lines and for that matter everything else like arrows and text started to disappear.

I could put everything on my chart and then close it down, then open the chart up again and its all gone. But if i use the Ctrl+B everything is in the object box but it won´t show in my chart.

It drives me insane i have tried everything. Can anyone help?

Before a few days ago it was all there everyday till i delete no matter how many days go by.

It would be a big help if anybody knows what happend.

Thanks a lot

Thomas

kanariefugl:

Hello i got a problem on my Meta trader 4 platform.

A few days ago my horizontal lines and for that matter everything else like arrows and text started to disappear.

I could put everything on my chart and then close it down, then open the chart up again and its all gone. But if i use the Ctrl+B everything is in the object box but it won´t show in my chart.

It drives me insane i have tried everything. Can anyone help?

Look at the properties of the Objects using the Ctrl + B option, find out where the Objects are and why you can't see them . . . alternatively save the template and post it here and mention the symbol name of the chart that it came from.

Are these objects drawn manually or by an EA/indi?

If manually, check to see if this happens on a chart without any indicators or EAs attached. If it doesn't happen, then you will know that the EA/indi is causing the problem.

1. UAC - don't install in \program files* on Vista/7/8
  2. tools -> options -> server -> keep personal settings

Its all manually no EA or anything. i got 2 EMA´s on the daily else nothing, and 2 EMA´s on the 1 hour. It worket fine until the weekend.

I noted that in some of my charts there is some horizontal lines from earlier, but when i move them and close the chart and open it again its back to where they were days ago. hmm?

WHRoeder: I tried your number two, and there is a mark on "keep personal sittings"?

Thanks for the ideas, but if anybody know or got an idea it could really help save a lot of work every day.

WHRoeder : What is your number 1 option? I´m not sure what you mean? UAC?

kanariefugl:
WHRoeder : What is your number 1 option? I´m not sure what you mean? UAC?

Use the Forum search . . . https://www.mql4.com/search#!keyword=UAC&method=2

Well now i tried what you said i deleted it and re installed on C: in a new folder i called meta trader, outside any program folder.

I set up all my charts and save them as a template as default so they turn op like i want every time i open.

But its the exact same... Everytime i put horizontal lines, and close down the chart or meta trader and re open its all gone.

What the hell am i missing? Im all new to meta trader but it can´t be right it don´t save my lines it did that the first few days and saves so mutch work.

I´m sorry if i misunderstod anything, i tried to search but i don´t get it

Is this what i need to do maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHG29dgEFIM

kanariefugl:

Well now i tried what you said i deleted it and re installed on C: in a new folder i called meta trader, outside any program folder.

I set up all my charts and save them as a template as default so they turn op like i want every time i open.

But its the exact same... Everytime i put horizontal lines, and close down the chart or meta trader and re open its all gone.

What the hell am i missing? Im all new to meta trader but it can´t be right it don´t save my lines it did that the first few days and saves so mutch work.

I´m sorry if i misunderstod anything, i tried to search but i don´t get it

You probably have an Indicator or EA on your chart that helpfully does a ObjectsDeleteAll() in it's deinit() . . . find it and remove it

Hmm.. i´m new to this, but i only got 2 EMA´s on the daily and 2 on the 1 hour, thats all i have. No EA or custom indicators or nothing like that.

Is there any other solution? Or other place i can contact?

Thanks a lot for your help really!

kanariefugl:

Hmm.. i´m new to this, but i only got 2 EMA´s on the daily and 2 on the 1 hour, thats all i have. No EA or custom indicators or nothing like that.

Is there any other solution? Or other place i can contact?

Thanks a lot for your help really!

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your chart with object, and another one after you closed the chart and reopen it ?

Reason: