MT4 stops backtesting after 1 year, help quick!! - page 2

RaptorUK:
I don't think changing timeframes will change the number of ticks very much . . . where did your data come from ?

Dukascopy, they have very good quality data.

Proximus:
Dukascopy, they have very good quality data.

I've used their tick data before and not had problems but I was only using 3 years of data.

RaptorUK:
I've used their tick data before and not had problems but I was only using 3 years of data.

Yeah sometimes it lets me use like 2-3 years back depending on that file size thing, i noticed that sometimes it is only 2-3GB but when i use all the data available it gets up to 30 GB.So why is there that 4 gb data limit? Roughy speaking on the M1 set 1gb=1 year, which is very bad for backtesting, i know that testing could be done like take it on 2 by 2 year sets and then calculate the averages of the results but it would still be more continuous to backtest it without interuption and limits isnt it?

Proximus:
Yeah sometimes it lets me use like 2-3 years back depending on that file size thing, i noticed that sometimes it is only 2-3GB but when i use all the data available it gets up to 30 GB.So why is there that 4 gb data limit? Roughy speaking on the M1 set 1gb=1 year, which is very bad for backtesting, i know that testing could be done like take it on 2 by 2 year sets and then calculate the averages of the results but it would still be more continuous to backtest it without interuption and limits isnt it?

The 2GB limit, later increased to 4GB is a legacy of the fact that MT4 was written some years ago for a 32 bit operating system . . . it could be fixed but MQ have to decide if it is worth the investment.

RaptorUK:
The 2GB limit, later increased to 4GB is a legacy of the fact that MT4 was written some years ago for a 32 bit operating system . . . it could be fixed but MQ have to decide if it is worth the investment.

Ok understood, besides the fact that today's computers have enough computing power to calculate with huge databases, 4 GB is too little, i hope that MQ will decide to fix it or remove the entire limit :)

Proximus:
Ok understood, besides the fact that today's computers have enough computing power to calculate with huge databases, 4 GB is too little, i hope that MQ will decide to fix it or remove the entire limit :)
Contact the Service Desk and post your suggestion . . .
Reason: