EX4 files automatically deleted when launching MT4 Terminal !!!

Hi,

I've an horrible problem that suddenly happened this morning and I can't fix it:

When I launch the MT4 terminal all my .ex4 EA files are automatically deleted.

Of course, if I shut-down the terminal and just compile from MetaEditor, everything is fine EX4 are well in the expert folder.

If I launch the terminal, 3 seconds after, all files from experts\ folder which have the EX4 extension are deleted (physically) !!!!

I tried to delete the mqlcache.dat file and restart all but same thing.

I'm totally DESPERATE, any help will be appreciated any help.

Thanks,
David

DavidS777:

Hi,

I've an horrible problem that suddenly happened this morning and I can't fix it:

When I launch the MT4 terminal all my .ex4 EA files are automatically deleted.

Of course, if I shut-down the terminal and just compile from MetaEditor, everything is fine EX4 are well in the expert folder.

If I launch the terminal, 3 seconds after, all files from experts\ folder which have the EX4 extension are deleted (physically) !!!!

I tried to delete the mqlcache.dat file and restart all but same thing.

I'm totally DESPERATE, any help will be appreciated any help.

All EA ex4 files or just yours ?  is the MACD Sample and Moving Average still there ?

all removed... MACD Sample and MA too.

thanks

Hi David, 

This problem seems to be related to a new build (507) which was (silently !) released over the weekend.

There have already been a number of posts about it already (https://forum.mql4.com/56286/page2) and I think the only solution is abug fix is required to version 507.

I have spent all morning trying to get to the bottom of this - thought it was down to some new EA code I had written but that was not the case. 

The previous posts tie in with what I have been seeing - namely include files (.mqh) causing problems.

I have included two files (inline below) which replicate the issue - the EA : "v507 Issue Ea.Mq4" and the include file : "DuffHeader.mqh".

To reproduce:

1. Copy DuffHeader.mqh into experts/include.

2. Copy v507 Issue Ea.Mq4 to experts.

The version 'as is' actually compiles, but when you comment out the function at the bottom of v507 Issue Ea.Mq4 like so:

/*

int func()

{

}

*/

and remove the comment characters in front of the include statement at the top of the file:

#include <DuffHeader.mqh>

then re-compile, MT4 either immediately terminates or gives an error message :

2013.06.24 14:27:36 v507 Issue Ea EURUSD.lmx,M1: executable file is corrupted. Please recompile it.

Hopefully the MQ4 developers are on the case at the moment ! 

Files: 1. "v507 Issue Ea.Mq4.mqh"

//#include <DuffHeader.mqh>

int init()

{

return(0);

}

int deinit()

{

return(0);

}

int start()

{

return(0);

}

int func()

{

}

Files: 2. "DuffHeader.mqh

// in header file - this causes 'executable file is corrupted. Please recompile it.' error message in Experts log of terminal

int func()

{

}

Files:

chalky66:

Hi David, 

This problem seems to be related to a new build (507) which was (silently !) released over the weekend.

There have already been a number of posts about it already (https://forum.mql4.com/56286/page2) and I think the only solution is abug fix is required to version 507.

I have spent all morning trying to get to the bottom of this - thought it was down to some new EA code I had written but that was not the case. 

The previous posts tie in with what I have been seeing - namely include files (.mqh) causing problems.

I have included two files (inline below) which replicate the issue - the EA : "v507 Issue Ea.Mq4" and the include file : "DuffHeader.mqh".

To reproduce:

1. Copy DuffHeader.mqh into experts/include.

2. Copy v507 Issue Ea.Mq4 to experts.

The version 'as is' actually compiles, but when you comment out the function at the bottom of v507 Issue Ea.Mq4 like so:

<CODE DELETED>

Please read some other posts before posting . . .

Please   edit   your post . . .    please use the   SRC   button to post code: How to use the   SRC   button. 

If you do this it compiles and runs . . 

int init()
{
   return(0);
}

#include <DuffHeader.mqh>

int deinit()
{
   return(0);
}

int start()
{
   return(0);
}

//int func()
//{
//}

DavidS777:

all removed... MACD Sample and MA too.

thanks

Can you check the build number of your terminal.exe file please and post what it is.

DavidS777: all removed... MACD Sample and MA too.
Did you install in \program files* on Vista/7/8 and where are you looking (exactly?)

Have also a problem with this version 4.0.0.507

If i create a new EA  also with empty EA

compiler reports 0 error(s) ,  0 warning(s)

If i go to my account the EA is uncolored

EA's colored and changing becomes grey out  not working anymore

can't   attach it to chart and can't open them anymore in strategytester

Metatrader is correctly installed not installed in  \program files*

IT is a BUG 

Just Closed my Metatrader(s)  and have it reopened  it has now version 4.0.0.509

The MetaEditor is now doing coloring correctly compiled EA's.   

Thanks for the clues. So glad a google search found this even though it is so recent. I would have been very stuck and frustrated.

The basic problem\solution was somehow the metaeditor.exe is updated (507) and the terminal.exe is not (494). So if terminal is running it instantly deletes ex4 files made with the new editor. Just get latest terminal.exe and it works great.
Reason: