New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 507: Trading Signal Registration Command and Setting a Spread When Testing - page 5

Calling this 'buggy' is an understatement. Probably the only way to fix it is a complete rewrite due to some unknown new policy in loops, nesting structure, or something else. Either way, it's just crazy to have perfect compile in MetaEditor, but failing/rejected in Terminal.

I went back to build 482 since I've overwritten my build 500.

Also, I can't seem to uninstall build 507 as it requires elevation privilege and the uninstall link returns this error message: "A referral was returned from the server." FYI, my OS is Win8 64bit. There's also some kind of forced/automatic build 507 install when you run older MT4 instances. It will replace any MT4 folder with build 507 and create a system-wide nightmare.

Beyond build 482 has been nothing but problems. Custom spread backtesting is great, but not at the expense of crashing the whole ecosystem or total code rewrite.

rbhauer:

Calling this 'buggy' is an understatement. Probably the only way to fix it is a complete rewrite due to some unknown new policy in loops, nesting structure, or something else. Either way, it's just crazy to have perfect compile in MetaEditor, but failing/rejected in Terminal.

I went back to build 482 since I've overwritten my build 500.

Also, I can't seem to uninstall build 507 as it requires elevation privilege and the uninstall link returns this error message: "A referral was returned from the server." FYI, my OS is Win8 64bit. There's also some kind of forced/automatic build 507 install when you run older MT4 instances. It will replace any MT4 folder with build 507 and create a system-wide nightmare.

Beyond build 482 has been nothing but problems. Custom spread backtesting is great, but not at the expense of crashing the whole ecosystem or total code rewrite.

I completely agree, I was trying to be nice, I just hope the Metaquotes dudes will pick this up asap and release a fix before the markets open...

cody_r, are you using some custom indicators in your code? 

fudge:

cody_r, are you using some custom indicators in your code? 

Three of my own. None call any other include files or dll's.  I've just recompiled all 3 then the EA again with 507.  All compile fine, and the EA crashes as before.

cody_r:
Three of my own. None call any other include files or dll's.  I just recompiled all 3 then the EA again with 507.  All compile fine, and the EA crashes as before.

Can you try and attach the indicators to a chart and see if they might be the cause of the crash?

Try to run DebugView (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx) and see if the process of metatrader reports any errors as I get (see my previous posts).

fudge:

I completely agree, I was trying to be nice, I just hope the Metaquotes dudes will pick this up asap and release a fix before the markets open...

You need to report it via the mql5 forum, from your User profile there is a link to the Service Desk on the left.

RaptorUK:
You need to report it via the mql5 forum, from your User profile there is a link to the Service Desk on the left.

I don't have a user for that forum, never used mql5. Can you report it please and refer them to this thread?

Btw, were you able to resolve the problem that you had?

fudge:

Can you try and attach the indicators to a chart and see if they might be the cause of the crash?

Try to run DebugView (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx) and see if the process of metatrader reports any errors as I get (see my previous posts).

DebugView reports:

[6028] Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.

from the MT4 process.

cody_r:

DebugView reports:

[6028] Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.

from the MT4 process.

Perfect, this is the same thing that I get, so at least we have some lead for metaquotes.

Did you try to attach indicators to charts and see if one of them is causing the crashing problem? 

fudge:

Perfect, this is the same thing that I get, so at least we have some lead for metaquotes.

Did you try to attach indicators to charts and see if one of them is causing the crashing problem? 

Sorry, I did that and forgot to document it.  The indicators work fine on the charts.  No crashing.

fudge:

I don't have a user for that forum, never used mql5. Can you report it please and refer them to this thread?

Btw, were you able to resolve the problem that you had?

I can't report it for you, well actually I can but I won't,   I don't have enough information and cannot provide code to reproduce the issue.  Perhaps you could code something simple you could share to enable others to reproduce the problem ?  if I can reproduce it I will happily raise a Service Desk ticket.

I was able to resolve my issue,  I had forgotten I was using the Build 507 ME with the build 500 MT4, I had been working on a way of preventing the Automatic Update and hadn't reversed the changes I had made.  Compilations done in ME are not usually backwards compatible with earlier MT4 builds . . . hence the issue I was seeing.

Reason: