New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 507: Trading Signal Registration Command and Setting a Spread When Testing - page 7

RaptorUK:

OK,  thanks for posting code,  I can reproduce this issue when using your code as a script  .  .  .

2013.06.24 10:29:54 gregspinner GBPUSD,H1: executable file is corrupted. Please recompile it.

Rap, so it might be related to the imported functions from a DLL after all, what do you think?  
Did you try and see if DebugView shows the error that I and cody_r reported?

fudge:

Rap, so it might be related to the imported functions from a DLL after all, what do you think?  

I'm not using DLL imports in this case, however the situation the same as yours. They could be both (include and import) wrong.

bwa:

Having the same problem.. buid 507. To me it seems like the problem has something to do with dll. After moving indicator that 507 claimed to be corrupted to another terminal i was able to run it but it did not start executable which was supposed to be started by ShellExecuteA from within the indicator, neither did dll api to that executable work after manually starting the exe.

I did try to locate the problem by quoting of some code but as a result of recompiling terminal crashed and wont start again...

Remove the  .mq4 and .ex4 from the folder structure and restart MT4,  it should run OK then.

fudge:

It could well be DLL related . . .  sorry I'm not familiar with  DebugView.

RaptorUK:
It could well be DLL related . . .  sorry I'm not familiar with  DebugView.

It's very useful. You can download it from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx.
It's basically shows you the DebugOutputString and many programs are reporting to it. This is great when you have apps crashing. As you can see in my previous posts, metatrader was reporting something before crashing.

I actually used the DebugOutputString to create a great logger for MT4. I might post it in the future so anyone can use it. Great for debugging and writing complicated indicators and EAs. 

I received a response from the Service Desk support team regarding the #include bug I posted to them yesterday:

"Support Team 2013.06.24 10:01 Thank you Fixed. Please wait for updating"

And fudge, yes, I agree, the push to 507 stopped in the afternoon (US EDT) yesterday (Pepperstone and FXCM), but started again about 20:00 edt.

fudge:

I actually used the DebugOutputString to create a great logger for MT4. I might post it in the future so anyone can use it. Great for debugging and writing complicated indicators and EAs. 

I would be very interested in that, fudge!

cody_r:

I would be very interested in that, fudge!

coddy, I still need to make the code nice so it can be used by others. I can't promiss how long it will take, but I will ping you as soon as it's out. 

RaptorUK:

OK,  thanks for posting code,  I can reproduce this issue when using your code as a script  .  .  .

2013.06.24 10:29:54 gregspinner GBPUSD,H1: executable file is corrupted. Please recompile it.

I suspect that it is related to the imports and not just simply having code that is unused  . . .   

Interesting, though, that including a call to GrabWeb makes the problem go away. When you say you think it's related to the imports, do you mean parameter definitions within that?  A few things I've read make me I wonder if it's the way sBuffer is defined in the import -perhaps it should be an indirect reference to an array, rather than a locally defined string.  Maybe the act of calling the function allows MT to define a proper area of storage for the buffer, whereas having no call leaves it pointing somewhere it shouldn't? I probably need to do some reading...

cody_r:

I received a response from the Service Desk support team regarding the #include bug I posted to them yesterday:

"Support Team 2013.06.24 10:01 Thank you Fixed. Please wait for updating" 

Did they say anything about when do they plan to release the update?
Reason: