check whether an indicator is called by iCustom(..) or is 'live' on a chart?

Hi,

can an indicator check or find out whether it is called by iCustom(..) (to speed up: suppress CreatObject(), Print(..)...)

or it is installed on a 'live-chart'?

Thanks, Gooly

Pass the indicator a Bool within the iCustom(........Parameter..) which tell it's being called by iCustom.

ubzen:
Pass the indicator a Bool within the iCustom(........Parameter..) which tell it's being called by iCustom.

that's what I do now, but I'd like not to take care of that - to have it set automatically

I'm not aware of a function which tells an indicator that it has been called by iCustom. You can search the Online_Documentation to make sure. There are a couple of options which I'm thinking of. These might works depending on what you're trying to implement

• GlobalVariableSet(). EA turns the int/bool On. Indicator checks the GV before ObjectCreate().
  • WindowExpertName(). If the WEN does_not match the Indicator's Name then it's probably not called by Attached_Indicator. You'll will want to test this function because I have limited experience with Indicators. Example: I'm not sure what happens when Indicator [on_chart_window] calls this function while there's also an Expert_Advisor on that window.

gooly: can an indicator check or find out whether it is called by iCustom(..) (to speed up: suppress CreatObject(), Print(..)...)
Why do you care if it creates objects or not.
Reason: