Historical Data is present but MT4 tester use only the first day.... help

Hi,

I need to test my EA with the "Each Tick" metod on UK100 (with a float account). 

In History Center, under Indices FL / UK100 / M1, I can see the Database starting from 17 Oct 2012 until today.

But when I use the Tester to test my EA for UK100 in the period of database, only first data in database is used in testing and then it stop.

I checked in my log file and the tester used only the first data of database ( 17 Oct 2012, 18.00 ).

Who can help me?

I'm becoming crazy!

Thanks in advance.

aleale72:

Hi,

I need to test my EA with the "Each Tick" metod on UK100 (with a float account). 

In History Center, under Indices FL / UK100 / M1, I can see the Database starting from 17 Oct 2012 until today.

But when I use the Tester to test my EA for UK100 in the period of database, only first data in database is used in testing and then it stop.

I checked in my log file and the tester used only the first data of database ( 17 Oct 2012, 18.00 ).

What do you see on a UK100 M1 chart for 18th Oct 2012 and onwards ?

RaptorUK:
What do you see on a UK100 M1 chart for 18th Oct 2012 and onwards ?

aleale72:

I see all the candles starting from 17 Oct2012 until now. No candle are visible before 17 Oct.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

aleale72:

I see all the candles starting from 17 Oct2012 until now. No candle are visible before 17 Oct.

Any idea?

Try a run in the Strategy Test for a week, for example from 20th Oct 20122 to 27th Oct 2012 and see if that works,  if it does extend the date range.  Do you have the other timeframes for the same date range or just M1 ?

aleale72:

Check the Journal. Are there any divide by zero or stop out messages?

RaptorUK:
Try a run in the Strategy Test for a week, for example from 20th Oct 20122 to 27th Oct 2012 and see if that works,  if it does extend the date range.  Do you have the other timeframes for the same date range or just M1 ?

I ran as in the previous tests (without specifing any date) and now the tester is working on all the database M1 (starting form 17 Oct until today).

I don't understand; now the problem is fixed!

Is not the first time it happens!

Is there a procedure to let be available to the tester data present in History Center? 

WHRoeder:
Check the Journal. Are there any divide by zero or stop out messages?
no, no errors.

aleale72:

I ran as in the previous tests (without specifing any date) and now the tester is working on all the database M1 (starting form 17 Oct until today).

I don't understand; now the problem is fixed!

Is not the first time it happens!

Is there a procedure to let be available to the tester data present in History Center?  

Perhaps viewing the data on a chart sorted the issue.

RaptorUK:
Perhaps viewing the data on a chart sorted the issue.

Probably... but which is the procedure to use historic data with the tester ?

aleale72:

Probably... but which is the procedure to use historic data with the tester ?

Who's procedure ?  I have my own,  others have theirs.  If there is a standard one it will be documented in the help.

This may help in general terms:   https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143430/page2#756987

Reason: