MT4 v4.00 Build 451 Trendline timeframe pain continues

Hey guys,

to be honest, i'm really disappointed of the latest MT4 software.

I just can't belive that the mega bug with the trendline ( moving from timeframe to timeframe )

which had been discussed several times on almost every forum i know, is still there.

I just don't get it. It's such a pain to check and recheck and recheck my trendline in D1, H4 ,H1 ,M15 timeframe.

Knowing that the bug is still there, it never feels save after making a good technical analysis and i'm quite

sure that so many MT4 users can feel my pain.

Right now, i'm dealing with Stock CFDs (GKFX Broker ) and i have heard that there could be a solution

in order to change the history data and delete the sunday D1 Chart... Actually maybe this is just rumor but

i just want a clear answer from the developers why this bug is still there, and how we can override it

in order to fix this damn problem. It's really starting to get ridiculous.

P.,s please excuse my rant....

best regards

kslay

kslay:

Hey guys,

to be honest, i'm really disappointed of the latest MT4 software.

I just can't belive that the mega bug with the trendline ( moving from timeframe to timeframe ) which had been discussed several times on almost every forum i know, is still there.

I just don't get it. It's such a pain to check and recheck and recheck my trendline in D1, H4 ,H1 ,M15 timeframe.

Knowing that the bug is still there, it never feels save after making a good technical analysis and i'm quite sure that so many MT4 users can feel my pain.

Please post a script/Indicator/EA that demonstrates this bug,  or instructions on how to reproduce it.

Hey mate,

thanks for dropping in.-

here we go.

Two Charts on the Daimler Stock.

D1 and H4 Chart.

So by switch the timeframe from daily to H4, you can clearly see the big discrepancy on the the trendline.

When i switch to H1 and discrepancy is even bigger.

Relying on that bug when trying to do decent technical analysis is impossible.

regards

kslay

It seems , that it has something to do with the last anchor point of the trendline.

the more the end point is in the future the bigger the discrepancy get.

here more screens

Adobe Stock Daily

Adobe H4

Adobe daily - shorter endpoint

adobe h4 shorter

Now, i have the experience that it is not always the same.

Sometimes i get this huge difference, and sometime the discrepancy is a bit smaller..

regards

kslay

kslay:

It seems , that it has something to do with the last anchor point of the trendline.

the more the end point is in the future the bigger the discrepancy get.

OK,  it's not a bug,  it's just how it is when you use a chart where the X axis is in chunks of time and not continuously variable.  If you are on a H1 chart for example,  you can't place the end of a trend line at 30 mins past the hour,  it has to align with the hour boundaries,  if you then switch to H4 this line then has to switch to align with the H4 increments.  The same is true for the bars,  if a low is actually at 45 mins past the hour that low will align to the hour on a H1 chart .

Thanks for the information RaptorUK.

If i understand you right, that would mean that creating trendlines which has their anchor end point in the future ( several days or hours )

this will automatically lead to this "failure" when switching the timeframes?

kslay:

Thanks for the information RaptorUK.

If i understand you right, that would mean that creating trendlines which has their anchor end point in the future ( several days or hours )

this will automatically lead to this "failure" when switching the timeframes? 

Not just the future,  any time,  you will see it move,  just as you will see highs and lows move.
Reason: