Windows 8 causing Copy paste problem, EA'S not going in Experts folder?

After recently buying a new laptop on in November, I am experiencing some problems that were not there with Windows XP.

When trying to copy & paste it will not paste the text in. The only remedy I have found for this is to remove the battery and reboot.

Also after just saving a new or modified EA saves it to another folder other than the Experts. The EA is in the Navigator  and can be used.

This does cause me a problem and more time when flash driving from one computer to the other. Have had to do a search sometimes to

find them. Is there some compatibility problem  with MetaTrader4 and Windows 8 ? This is happening on a premium HP Laptop with plenty 

of power and hard drive space.

Jim,

Hello, a number of solutions spring to mind.

Try doing this: assuming you have already copied the name you wish to "copy-and-paste" to the new file's name.

1. left click the new file (so that the file is selected)

2. right click the new file (drop down box appears)

3. click the 'Rename' option (should be one of the last options provided)

4. The name of the new file should be highlighted in blue (just click a couple buttons: Press and hold 'Ctrl' then press 'V').

The new file should now read the same as the original file.

Thank you.

jimtrader1:

After recently buying a new laptop on in November, I am experiencing some problems that were not there with Windows XP.

When trying to copy & paste it will not paste the text in. The only remedy I have found for this is to remove the battery and reboot.

Also after just saving a new or modified EA saves it to another folder other than the Experts. The EA is in the Navigator  and can be used.

This does cause me a problem and more time when flash driving from one computer to the other. Have had to do a search sometimes to

find them. Is there some compatibility problem  with MetaTrader4 and Windows 8 ? This is happening on a premium HP Laptop with plenty 

of power and hard drive space.

There are not much users who report about their experience with 8, so I hope you don't mind that I suggest you to read this for a while Expert Properties - Inputs missing on Windows 7 x64 platform

jimtrader1:

I am experiencing some problems that were not there with Windows XP.

Is there some compatibility problem  with MetaTrader4 and Windows 8 ?
UAC. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

WHRoeder:
UAC. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

I don't see Vista/Win7 but there are 2 Program files here in Windows 8. Program Files and Program Files (x86) .

MetaTrader4 is installed in Program Files  (x86) . There is a Windows NT folder in this one. Any problem here? 

jimtrader1:

I don't see Vista/Win7 but there are 2 Program files here in Windows 8. Program Files and Program Files (x86) .

MetaTrader4 is installed in Program Files  (x86) . There is a Windows NT folder in this one. Any problem here? 

Does Windows 8 have UAC ?  if you don't know what UAC is search for it on google and on this Forum . . . .
Reason: