Pivot Points on MetaTrader4

Hello all. I need to know how to activate the pivot point indicator on the metatrader4 trading platform. Thanks.

weddingbells:
Hello all. I need to know how to activate the pivot point indicator on the metatrader4 trading platform. Thanks.
Hello.Anyone who could provide an answer?

Follow the path below and select the Pivot Point Indicator from the list. If your platform does not have it then you may need to perform a live-update. The indicator does-not have buffers of the pivot-levels. It only draw the lines on chart using objects.

weddingbells:

weddingbells:  I'm a dunce when it comes to explaining....but here goes. Go to Indicators. Left click twice on Moving Average. A Moving Average

box will show up and to the right half of the box, there will appear "Period"....a numbe 1 (one) probably will show up, ....change that to 3 (three).

Next to the right is "Shift" with a 0 (zero) in the box. Skip it, leave it as it is.  Now below the "Period" and "Shift" is "MA method" and it will have

the word "Simple". Keep that...but there are some other choices. Below "MA method" is "Apply to" and in that box will be "Typical Price (HLC/3)...

select that. Below "Apply to" is "Style" and the box to the right of that will be "Color Choice",....to the right of that will be "Choices of line"

Hope it is what you want.  By the way:  The pivot point is always imprisoned within the mid 1/3 of the range. It's the close that will determine

where the pivot point will end up. In other words....the ratio of the mid 1/3 range to the full range 

ciao,

Tony 

open navigator (control-N) Double click or drag on to a chart.

weddingbells:

Made a mistake in setting up the pivot point using the Moving Average on the Indicator. The period should be 1....not three.

It is a mistake on my part since a 3 is for another trading plan that is used in the Point and Line Methodology.

ciao,

bronkovich 

Reason: