Volumecolor based on bars

Hi

I tried to recode someone elses volumeindicator but I am not able to acheive the result I want.

What I want is for the volume histogram to show red lines when the pricebar is bearish and green when pricebar is bullish, gold for dojis would be nice too :)

This would be a good visual aid.

Would someone help out with this please, I attached the one I tried to recode, as you can see from it programming is not my strongest side :)

Files:
volumecol.mq4  5 kb

MikSax:

Hi

I tried to recode someone elses volumeindicator but I am not able to acheive the result I want.

What I want is for the volume histogram to show red lines when the pricebar is bearish and green when pricebar is bullish, gold for dojis would be nice too :) 

For each colour of histogram you need a separate buffer . . .  so if you want to add a colour you need to add a buffer . . .

What do you think "Volume" shows you ?

RaptorUK:
For each colour of histogram you need a separate buffer . . .  so if you want to add a colour you need to add a buffer . . .

What do you think "Volume" shows you ?

Thank you RaptorUK

For your question, if you mean technicaly the answer is number of ticks for each bar. If you mean how I use it I would say I look for huge volume and price failing to continue :) I do not blindly trade on huge volume but it aids me in my decisionmaking.

The change of colors would make it easier to spot the right bar vs volume when looking back instead of all the time bringing up the crosshair to match them.

Thanks again for your answer I will try what you suggest.

I made an image from Fridays EUR/USD session to visualize how I use volume, maybe someone get some ideas for their own trading :)

I did it! :)

Attached it is someone wants it

Files:
vol.mq4  3 kb
Reason: