MT4 on Windows 8 Phone or Tablet or PC - page 2

forexfun:

Just wait for Surface Win8 Pro, rumors say that it will come Jan 2013. I think the full MT4 on PC can be installed on Surface Win 8 Pro.

For mobile, there are two options:

(1) The tablet has SIM card slot and 3G capabilities, if so, it can be on the internet all the time, wherever you go.

(2) The tablet has WiFi only, if so, you can access internet though your mobile phone which has 3G.

Hope you can find a Win 8 tablet which has 3G and WiFi.      

Yes, full MT4 should run on Surface with Windows 8 Pro. But I have not heard that the Surface is coming with 3G capabilities. As regards the phone, I dont have a 3G phone, so I do not see the point (ie, justification of cost) of getting a phone with 3G AND a tablet to connect via the phone (I think its called "tethering"?). Just one device should do it.

HarriMQL4:

Yes, full MT4 should run on Surface with Windows 8 Pro. But I have not heard that the Surface is coming with 3G capabilities. As regards the phone, I dont have a 3G phone, so I do not see the point (ie, justification of cost) of getting a phone with 3G AND a tablet to connect via the phone (I think its called "tethering"?). Just one device should do it.

well, 3G phone is very popular currently. you's better to get one. if the screen size is bigger enough, no need to have a tablet. 

Any updates on this? Bought Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 and Surface RT, can't use MetaTrader :(

forexfun:

well, 3G phone is very popular currently. you's better to get one. if the screen size is bigger enough, no need to have a tablet. 

Not interested in whats popular. Interested in making money.

MTTTT4:
Any updates on this? Bought Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 and Surface RT, can't use MetaTrader :(

MT4 cannot be installed on Surface RT because Surface RT is not x86 processor. Surface Windows Pro should be okay.

Not sure Windows 8 Phone, haven't heard about installing MT4 on it successfully.  

MT4 Developer

Currently, MT4 has versions for Android phone and iPhone. The apps run pretty good on both OS based phone.

But, within the Windows 8 Phone released in the market, more users will consider Windows Phone. We can see some users ask about it in this forum.

If consider the security of these three kinds of mobile phone, according to some information regarding testing, Windows Phone has better security than iPhone and Android phone. Since MT4 has its older version for Windows 6.x. It would be great if developers can release a MT4 version for Windows 8 Phone users.

Here is a link about someone installed MT4 on Windows 8 PC successfully:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/34635-windows-8-mt4.html

For guys have this question and want to install MT4 on Windows 8.

forexfun:

Here is a link about someone installed MT4 on Windows 8 PC successfully:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/34635-windows-8-mt4.html

For guys have this question and want to install MT4 on Windows 8.

That's the x86 version, we need RT and Windows Phone 8 version.

Also, VLC for example is porting it to Windows 8, RT and Windows Phone 8 because they share same libraries so it's super easy.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1061646928/vlc-for-the-new-windows-8-user-experience-metro/posts/374771 

Hi Guys, I was using MT4 since the first time I got Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation version 2.5 months before it was released and it worked well, till now I upgrade my Windows 8 Professional on my both PC and laptops. But unfortunately, it seems, we've got no MT4 version for either Windows Phone 7.5 Manggo or later 7.8, or Windows Phone 8. I really appreciate the MT4 team if they could figure these out soon. 

Any word from MT developers themselves? 
Reason: