Error 129 at ordersend I cannot explain is baffling me

Hi!

I am having SOME problems with ordersend.

For instance, the EURJPY symbol:

BID=104.323 / ASK=104.355

I try to open a sell position at 104.326, with a slippage of 10, and use normalizedouble with precision 3, since Digits=3. I also refresh rates just before my send order.

I STILL get error 129, invalid price... what's up with these?:)

In the OrderSend() what price are you using? For sell you should open with bid and close with ask while for buy you should open with ask and close with bid.

No mind readers here. Post your code.

I am opening (TRYING to open) with 104.326.

Since Bid is (BID=104.323), and slippage 10, I thought it would work.

As for posting my code, I don't think it is very useful, because calculations for the values that lead up to the OrderSend are made all over the place (I mean, the EA is more than 1500 lines long, calculations being made all over the place that can influence the values. Hence, I placed just the values.

I mean, I can write this:

lTicket=OrderSend(pSimb,pCmd,pVolume,NormalizeDouble(pPrice,_precPrice),pSlip,0,0,pComment,pMagicNumber,pExpiration,pColor);

which is the only part of the code in the neighbourhood that is dealing with these values, but it is quite useless. Most of the calculations are being made in functions all over the place.

Well since you cant show the code the only thing i can say from the part you have shown here and i can see is that you havent declared all those variables ok bye

Apagador:

I am opening (TRYING to open) with 104.326.

Since Bid is (BID=104.323), and slippage 10, I thought it would work.

Open a Sell at Bid not at 104.326

tonny:
Well since you cant show the code the only thing i can say from the part you have shown here and i can see is that you havent declared all those variables ok bye

That was useless and quasi-childish. EVERY parameter I used has it's value explicit, I think. Posting above a thousand lines is not viable, as you can imagine.

RaptorUK:
Open a Sell at Bid not at 104.326

Hmmm... yes, if the bid is indeed 104.323, that will be the value at which it will be opened.

You see, I have these pre defined pivot points defined, that when a price crosses it, I do the operation. In this case, the moment it CROSSED it, it seems to have become 104.326 .

Shouldn't the slippage at 10 take care of that part?

Thanks

Yer because how are we supposed to help you if you just present a line of code with variables that we dont even know how they were calculated. We need to see where they are coming from and how they are being calculated and declared. If now i tell you i have a ea that has a problem and tell you i think the problem is the alert part like this "Alert(FaultyVariable)" how would you diagnose the faulty variable if you cant see how it was declared/calculated? No offence but i hope you are getting me.

tonny:
Yer because how are we supposed to help you if you just present a line of code with variables that we dont even know how they were calculated. We need to see where they are coming from and how they are being calculated and declared. If now i tell you i have a ea that has a problem and tell you i think the problem is the alert part like this "Alert(FaultyVariable)" how would you diagnose the faulty variable if you cant see how it was declared/calculated? No offence but i hope you are getting me.

The event I am describing is quite specific. One may even view it in an academic way: given that the ask, and bid have these current values, should an order be able to be opened at such price, with such a slippage?

Apagador:

Hmmm... yes, if the bid is indeed 104.323, that will be the value at which it will be opened.

You see, I have these pre defined pivot points defined, that when a price crosses it, I do the operation. In this case, the moment it CROSSED it, it seems to have become 104.326 .

Shouldn't the slippage at 10 take care of that part?

Nope,  you Buy at Ask and Sell at Bid . . .  if you are using a 5 digit Broker a slippage of 10 is 1 pip.  if you want to place an order away from Bid/Ask then you are placing  pending order . . . 
Reason: