Question regarding ???USD pairs on a USD funded account.

I don't really know what to search for to answer this and I have a few ideas why it's like this but I want to make sure. I noticed that EURUSD profits when the price goes down. My account is in USD so I was thinking maybe all ???USD pairs would work this way. Am I correct in assuming that? Haven't had the chance to test it yet. Pretty new to this so everything is fresh and exciting still!

Thanks.

I am not sure that I understand you correctly sorry ...

So, basicly, many USD pairs are moving on same direction based on economic news events (example - US Interest Rate yesterday). But ... if EURUSD is on uptrend so USDCHF is on downtrend ...

saphron9:
I don't really know what to search for to answer this and I have a few ideas why it's like this but I want to make sure. I noticed that EURUSD profits when the price goes down. 

Only if you have sold EURUSD, did you ?

I know it sounds strange which is why I'm a bit confused. Right now I haven't sold. Losing a bit of money at the moment but my stop-loss hasn't been reached yet.

Let me see if I can explain a little more clearly. As the price per unit of EURUSD increases, say from 1.35520 to 1.35523, my profit goes down. So the price would have to go below what I bought it at to gain money. Wasn't sure if it's something wrong with my MT client or server connection. If this all sounds completely bizarre, I have no idea what else to say. I'm intrigued!

saphron9:

I know it sounds strange which is why I'm a bit confused. Right now I haven't sold. Losing a bit of money at the moment but my stop-loss hasn't been reached yet.

Let me see if I can explain a little more clearly. As the price per unit of EURUSD increases, say from 1.35520 to 1.35523, my profit goes down. So the price would have to go below what I bought it at to gain money. Wasn't sure if it's something wrong with my MT client or server connection. If this all sounds completely bizarre, I have no idea what else to say. I'm intrigued!

So you are short EURUSD ?  Show a screen shot with your current open positions . . . 

saphron9:

If your profit goes down when price goes up (1.35520 to 1.35523) then you must have a SELL position.

When you sell a symbol, it's in the hope the quotation will fall, so you can then close your open position by buying this symbol. For example, you sell EURUSD at 1.35520 in the hope the price will go down. For example you sell 1 lot of EURSUD, that means you are selling 100.000€ and you get 135.520$. Then the price fall to 1.35500. You can then close your position by buying 1 lot of EURSUD. So you buy 100.000€ in exchange of 135.500$. The result is you have a gain of 20$. Of course if the price goes up you will loss money.

I hope it's useful as your question isn't very clear.

RaptorUK:
So you are short EURUSD ?  Show a screen shot with your current open positions . . . 
Did you resolve this problem . . .  ?
Reason: