New Article: MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS

New article MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS has been published.

Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry and has already released the special mobile applications for iOS-based devices - MetaTrader 4 for iPhone and MetaTrader 5 for iPhone.

There are many topics on the MQL4.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader 4 under the Mac OS operating system. Since a release of the special version of the client terminal for it is not planned in the nearest future, we want to tell how you can use MetaTrader 4 and stay with your favorite operating system.

Author: MetaQuotes

Many traders like me already started to use MT4 terminal on Linux by using Wine to run our EAs and indicators years ago.

So it's 2012 now, and in your release, there's still a Wine layer in between, and not a real native Mac version?

Come on, this is a release made by Metaquotes, not just a fan-made package...

@ Metaquotes

Love your understated response..."Apple products have become very popular".

Macs have only outsold PCs for the last 25 consecutive quarters. As nickyip said, it is now 2012. Stop dragging your heels and start coding a native release for OSX.

Something else that may have slipped under your radar, is the iPad has become very popular recently. Might be a good idea to make use of the bigger screen size.

kiwimassive:

Macs have only outsold PCs for the last 25 consecutive quarters.

LOL

Perhaps you would like to rephrase that ?

kiwimassive:

Macs have only outsold PCs for the last 25 consecutive quarters.

...And I wanna have MT on Zune. Now !

;D

onewithzachy:

...And I wanna have MT on Zune. Now !

;D

And iPod nano ! !

RaptorUK:
And iPod nano ! !

I'm serious RaptorUK !

... And on Palm !!!

onewithzachy:

I'm serious RaptorUK !

... And on Palm !!!

What's the matter RaptourUK ?, running out of gas-o-line ?. Minitel !, I want one on Minitel.

Anyway, Every Mac users knew long time ago how to run Windows app on Mac, that because Apple itself shows them how. Even to the extent installing Windows OS side by side with Mac OS. And now that we can installing and running Vista/7 without activation for 4 months, I think lots of Mac user trader prefers to run MT on Windows OS installed on Mac rather than running MT on some software running on Mac with the risk having un-stable MT.

Why publishing something that Mac user already know ?

onewithzachy:

What's the matter RaptourUK ?, running out of gas-o-line ?. Minitel !, I want one on Minitel.

Anyway, Every Mac users knew long time ago how to run Windows app on Mac, that because Apple itself shows them how. Even to the extent installing Windows OS side by side with Mac OS. And now that we can installing and running Vista/7 without activation for 4 months, I think lots of Mac user trader prefers to run MT on Windows OS installed on Mac rather than running MT on some software running on Mac with the risk having un-stable MT.

Why publishing something that Mac user already know ?

Sorry was otherwise engaged yesterday . . .

There is a better way than running Windows side by side with OS X . . . just run Windows. :-)

Anyone know when the native BBC Micro MT4 is out ?

RaptorUK:

Sorry was otherwise engaged yesterday . . .

There is a better way than running Windows side by side with OS X . . . just run Windows. :-)

Anyone know when the native BBC Micro MT4 is out ?

Nah, I have better idea, just install MacOS on a PC, and run MT on that Mac.

@ onewithzachy

rephrased for u;)

have outgrown, not out outsold

Reason: