[Scalper EA] What should I consider to bring this EA Live?

Hello,

I have made a tick scalper which seems to be very good in backtest. However, modeling quality is only 25%. Where can I download the tick data to make 99% modeling quality?

This EA only trades when price accelerates to a certain point, and I have never traded a scalper in a live account. My EA has 50TP, 70SL and 10pips trailing stop.

• Is the spread taken into account in the MT4 backtest? Can I force a certain spread into my simulations?
  • How could the spread affect my trading in a real account? (Considering the 50TP - 70SL - 10p trailing stop)
  • How likely it is that the broker slows down my trading executions?
  • What other things should I consider before bringing this thing live?

Thanks a lot, I am most grateful for the help and insight I get from you in this forum.

(Backtest EURUSD 2005-2012)

flaab:

Hello,

I have made a tick scalper which seems to be very good in backtest. However, modeling quality is only 25%. Where can I download the tick data to make 99% modeling quality?

in MT4, on the Tools menu select History Center to download historical data.

fperugini:
in MT4, on the Tools menu select History Center to download historical data.
Yes fpergini, for some reason only 25% modeling quality can be obtained with downloaded data ;)

Hi. Your Expert Advisor looks pretty good. Can I test it your EA?

Thanks

flaab:
Yes fpergini, for some reason only 25% modeling quality can be obtained with downloaded data ;)

for scalping strategies it might help you take a read at https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=337102

You can take a look to a commercial site for tick data but that link I'm not gonna post here see private post

Forward test it a month. Instant gratification doesn't helps.

flaab:

Hello,

A few Brokers are providing tick data now . . . there is a list at the EAReview site.

The graph is flat for like 4 years and then the fifth is when it starts profiting by 6 months someone would have already chucked it from their terminal try settings that form a uniform almost diagonal curve i.e. this is xbug ultimates 7 year curve.

And below is our yet to be released EA's 5 year curve

tonny:

The graph is flat for like 4 years and then the fifth is when it starts profiting by 6 months someone would have already chucked it from their terminal try settings that form a uniform almost diagonal curve i.e. this is xbug ultimates 7 year curve.

And below is our yet to be released EA's 5 year curve

Hello Tonny,

The graph is not flat, it is just very small compared by the compounded gains of the last 2000+ trades. That is a nice Ea you've got there, congrats!

tonny:

LOL . . . you are a very funny person . . . if you stop typing you will reduce the chance of demonstrating your ignorance.

Compounding

deVries:

You test not with every tick only open high low close every minute. So no wonder why not 90% modelling quality

It says every tick on the chart . ..
Reason: