MetaTrader 4 Mobile (android) - Very Disappointing!

Hi,

I've just changed brokers and my new broker doesn't have a have a MT4 Android (xogee) application.

I went ahead and downloaded MetaTrader 4 Mobile by metaquotes and what a disappointment it is!.

It's pretty much useless.

There's no ability to:

Zoom into charts to check the close/open/high/low of pervious charts.
Unable to draw lines / \ - |
Unable to change chart candle colors, back grounds, turn off grid etc

All the above which are basic features are missing.

Even the iphone MetaTrader 4 Mobile by metaquotes has a zoom feature.

Come on metaquote, give android uses an app that matches iphone at least!

thanks

Scott

smacko:

Hi,

I've just changed brokers and my new broker doesn't have a have a MT4 Android (xogee) application.

I went ahead and downloaded MetaTrader 4 Mobile by metaquotes and what a disappointment it is!.

It's pretty much useless.

There's no ability to:

Zoom into charts to check the close/open/high/low of pervious charts.
Unable to draw lines / \ - |
Unable to change chart candle colors, back grounds, turn off grid etc

All the above which are basic features are missing.

Even the iphone MetaTrader 4 Mobile by metaquotes has a zoom feature.

Come on metaquote, give android uses an app that matches iphone at least!

thanks

Scot

Hi smacko,

Post your complain over here.

onewithzachy, is that not for mql5?

smacko:
onewithzachy, is that not for mql5?
Yes. however MetaQuotes, replies more in mql5 than mql4, even for MT4 stuff. Here's in mql4 which no one seem to care and actually links to mql5. :(

metaquotes has been so laxing on mobile platforms some brokers have even turned to third parties for mobile platforms

I can't even view open trades in pips, only dollars... WTF.... all such basic features

I now carry around a 10" netbook to check the 4hr candles.... come on metaquotes, lift your gain!

smacko:

I can't even view open trades in pips, only dollars... WTF.... all such basic features

I now carry around a 10" netbook to check the 4hr candles.... come on metaquotes, lift your gain!

WTF == Welcome To Forex.

All future development is focused on MT5 :)

:D

i won't hold me breath then!

smacko:

I would prefer a netbook over mobile since a netbook supports expert advisors and has long battery life with all mt4 capabilities and wireless internet. Ive been thinking of getting one to host my EAs instead of a vps.

Regarding the message ID feature in the mobile app of MT4 for Android. I'am currently using build 430 (6 jun 2012) and the problem with not being able to find the ID is still present. Either I'am missing something here or we have some poor tech support on our hands. Either way it is a bit disappointing to see only a couple of comments at this forum that lead to nowhere near a solution for the issue.

Read this https://forum.mql4.com/48717
Reason: