profit / loss confusion

Hi, I just started with the demo for metatrader 4 yesterday. It was smooth sailing until today. I went short / sold usdmxn at 14.0635 at a volume of 8. The market dropped all the way to 14.0539 but my profit stayed in the negative the whole time. Can someone explain what is going on with that please.

Well, you probably payed a huge spread and the trade did not enter in actual profits. I guess.. ;)

how do i control that? I don't understand

shouldn't i be making profit if the market drops below the green dotted line that says "sell" ?

kazmandu:
Hi, I just started with the demo for metatrader 4 yesterday. It was smooth sailing until today. I went short / sold usdmxn at 14.0635 at a volume of 8. The market dropped all the way to 14.0539 but my profit stayed in the negative the whole time. Can someone explain what is going on with that please.

What spread do you have? That pair seems to have a huge spread (100 pips). But the movement you show was only around 10 pips.

Go into your chart and show the Ask line, then figure out which line is the one (out of Bid and Ask) you will be closing a Short order at.

(Right click on the chart, Properties, Common Tab, Show Ask Line)

now we're talking. World of difference. Made 2k since I started dong that. Thank you dabbler
Reason: