Very confused help

I need someone to explan why the price in my order bar is not the same as the price I set, and the moving indicator or candle on the platform when it stops out are not the same

I set my take profit at a given price and when the moving indicator ingages the take profit it dose not close my order at the price I set it at

It always gose past it by several points . and the indicator is not to the given stop loss that I set it at, the price when it stops out is always over my stop loss indicator but on the plateform it show that the indicator or candle is not even closes to my stop loss

Spread . . .

and Slippage...

11551:

I need someone to explan why the price in my order bar is not the same as the price I set, and the moving indicator or candle on the platform when it stops out are not the same

I set my take profit at a given price and when the moving indicator ingages the take profit it dose not close my order at the price I set it at

It always gose past it by several points . and the indicator is not to the given stop loss that I set it at, the price when it stops out is always over my stop loss indicator but on the plateform it show that the indicator or candle is not even closes to my stop loss

This Monday when market open again, why don't you compare the Ask-Bid price on the chart with Market Watch window (Ctrl + M, much more easy if your Market Watch is widely opened on the right side of MT), see if there any difference. If you don't mind and like to show us, you can screenshot your MT ( just click file > Save as picture ... > save as workspace).

I have account with IF, they have this account which spread is zero, but commission is spread - if you calculate it, it's the same thing actually. So the Ask price is equal with the Bid price, and that shown in Market Watch, however, they unable to show that on chart, so IF chart still showing Bid Ask as far as 3 pips on EURUSD chart. That really annoying, because the Bid on the chart is 2 pips lower than Bid on Market Watch. So it's not WYSIWYG thing when opening a position.

And if anyone ask why I have IF account, it's because they always get the latest MT update on time before any broker, so I can check new MT immediately.

:D

I dont think you need to wait for your broker to get the latest update on their site, mt4 live update should check for the latest update via the metaquotes site each time you restart the terminal.

SDC:
I dont think you need to wait for your broker to get the latest update on their site, mt4 live update should check for the latest update via the metaquotes site each time you restart the terminal.
Not if you have ibfx :D

Yeah now you said that you reminded me.... my broker has there own version of mt4 too, with their own name for it on their site but I didnt use it, I downloaded from metaquotes and put the brokers server address etc in it . Reason why I did that ..for some reason my brokers version of mt4 kept freezing up my computer, the metaquotes version worked fine, I never did find out what was causing that, the build numbers were the same ..

onewithzachy:

This Monday when market open again, why don't you compare the Ask-Bid price on the chart with Market Watch window (Ctrl + M, much more easy if your Market Watch is widely opened on the right side of MT), see if there any difference. If you don't mind and like to show us, you can screenshot your MT ( just click file > Save as picture ... > save as workspace).

I have account with IF, they have this account which spread is zero, but commission is spread - if you calculate it, it's the same thing actually. So the Ask price is equal with the Bid price, and that shown in Market Watch, however, they unable to show that on chart, so IF chart still showing Bid Ask as far as 3 pips on EURUSD chart. That really annoying, because the Bid on the chart is 2 pips lower than Bid on Market Watch. So it's not WYSIWYG thing when opening a position.

And if anyone ask why I have IF account, it's because they always get the latest MT update on time before any broker, so I can check new MT immediately.

:D

969688 2012.05.29 15:36 sell 0.05 usdjpy 79.478 79.508 0.000 2012.05.29 15:36 79.509 0.00 0.00 0.00 -1.98
969688 2012.05.29 15:36 sell 0.05 usdjpy 79.478 79.508 0.000 2012.05.29 15:36 79.509 0.00 0.00 0.00 -1.98

This is a trade that I just made and the same thing happen,

I have FXCM UK, however I'm afraid I may miss-understood your problem.

Pardon me for asking this, you do understand that : We always sell at Bid price and close that sell at Ask price. And we always buy at Ask price and Close that buy at Bid price ?

Why don't you press F8, > select common tab > and select "Show Ask line", and trade again.

:)

onewithzachy:

I have FXCM UK, however I'm afraid I may miss-understood your problem.

Pardon me for asking this, you do understand that : We always sell at Bid price and close that sell at Ask price. And we always buy at Ask price and Close that buy at Bid price ?

Why don't you press F8, > select common tab > and select "Show Ask line", and trade again.

:)

I realy do not seem to know what I am doing Why did I loss I was wanting to sell the AUD stop lose at 78.368 and take profit at 78.210 but it stop me out at 78.374 I should have made a profit I think
971272 2012.05.29 20:48 sell 0.05 audjpy 78.252 78.368 78.210 2012.05.29 21:00 78.374 0.00 0.00 0.00 -7.78
Reason: