I am a Beginner in MQL4 and I have some questions

Hello,

I am a beginner in programming MQL4. I know basic stuff already and I programmed my first EA already but a very simple one.

The problem I have is to find out if there are functions to analyze historical data first to get a basis for a trade decission. For example

how do I get all highs and lows of a 5 minutes candle from the last 5 days? Then I like to calculate a standard deviation or something else.

Compared to excel I would get the data in the excel sheet and then I would do the calculations on them. But in MetaTrader there is no place

for that. It should be done in one formula. Is that correct?

Thanks

Jens

WinthorpeIII:

Hello,

I am a beginner in programming MQL4. I know basic stuff already and I programmed my first EA already but a very simple one.

The problem I have is to find out if there are functions to analyze historical data first to get a basis for a trade decission. For example

how do I get all highs and lows of a 5 minutes candle from the last 5 days? Then I like to calculate a standard deviation or something else.

You an use iHigh and iLow and a loop that goes back during the last 5 days . . . store the highs and lows in 2 arrays. In iHigh and iLow you can specify the period, so even if your EA is on H1 you can still look at M5 data.

Std Deviation . . . there is already a function, iStdDev

how do i start as a beginner i need help

MQL4 Language for Newbies. Introduction
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Introduction
  • www.mql5.com
This sequence of articles is intended for traders, who know nothing about programming, but have a desire to learn MQL4 language as quick as possible with minimal time and effort inputs. If you are afraid of such phrases as "object orientation" or "three dimensional arrays", this article is what you need. The lessons are designed for the...