Is that possible your broker see

is that possible for broker to see whatever yoo use to trade on the chart such as : indicators, lines ....?

thanks

Possible ? yes . . . . probably that it actually happens ? no, I don't think so.

RaptorUK:
Possible ? yes . . . . probably that it actually happens ? no, I don't think so.

Are you sure?

I would have thought it was seeing your stops - on their system.

Can someone confirm that a broker can see the chart/screen indicators and can get a see the attached ea and possibly copy it, please??????

MetaSoftware maybe has more control than they ought to, but the broker?

mrmedia:

Are you sure?

Can someone confirm that a broker can see the chart/screen indicators and can get a see the attached ea and possibly copy it, please??????

MetaSoftware maybe has more control than they ought to, but the broker?

The question was about " indicators, lines ....? " not parameters you send to your Broker to place your order . . .

mrmedia:

Are you sure?

No. When Raptor says probably not he really means no. You send server side stops to the broker. You do not send trailing stops from the terminal. If your EA is going to close a trade at a certain trailing stop there is no way the broker can know that. If MT4 sent your charts and indicator setup to the broker you would know because you could google it. There are goodness knows how many MT4 users and many are serious programmers. If that sort of spyware was built in then hackers would have found it by now or workers at brokers would have leaked it. Just calm yourself; it doesn't happen.

dabbler:
If that sort of spyware was built in then hackers would have found it by now or workers at brokers would have leaked it. Just calm yourself; it doesn't happen.
You mean like analysing the data packets sent over the network by the MT4 terminal.exe application ? ;-)

i don't know much about computer techno stuffs. I am wondering whatever you plot on your chart for your trading method

will broker be able to see all of that. Yes just indicators and other stuffs on chart. not about open orders or pending orders

thank you

Raybenz1983:

Automated trading is using computer algorithms or computer models to develop the entry and exit points for a trading system. An automated trading program can take the emotion out of the equation and force discipline. One needs to test their automated trading program and truly believe in it. Otherwise they will not follow it. An automated trading program is the cornerstone of consistent trend following and compounding money over time.

advertisement link removed

What the heck is this? no advertiser here dude

Since the tightening of the rules and regulations for this industry in the USA, as of a year or so ago, the US Government has charged at least a dozen brokers with fraud. Many brokers aren't as closely regulated as the US ones are or not at all. Considering that, why not take what measures you can to give yourself the best security against this that you can? It isn't going to hurt anything, and it may protect you is needs be. More and more commercial EAs are coming out with 'Stealthy settings'. I'm incorporating such things as placing a very generous 'Fail Safe' Stop Loss on the broker's server, but calculating the Stop Loss that I want to use within the EA itself.

Check this out to see if it will help you:

HideTestIndicators(bool hide)

One isn't paranoid if they really ARE out to get you!

Reason: