What %gain per day would make you happy :)

• 2% (4)
  • 12% (20)
  • 42% (70)
  • 28% (46)
  • 16% (27)
Total voters: 167

What %gain per day would make you happy from your trading activity? I know allot of people might like the option in $_Currency. However I'm interested in peoples relative returns values at this time. Thanks for voting!!

***This value does not include Compounding | Reinvesting nor any other complex percentage matrix.  

Obviously the bigger the better and everyone is always looking for more. I dont know why someone would vote 1%. Unless maybe i got the question wrong. Even if you are paid 1 million $ to play for a team and someone else offers you 5 million wont you move? Or maybe the phrase "%gain per day" should have been "minimum %gain per day".

20% / day

chandra100:
20% / day
Come back to Earth, all those who have such a goal will ultimately be ruined. The actual question is how much are you ready to lost some day, you can't win each day.

Think about Warren Buffet... he became billionaire earning, on average, 25% per year in the last 40 years.

So, if you're really interested on a long term goal and if you're good enough in Math, you can do this simple calculation:

Daily Return = { [ (1 + Annual Return) ^ (1 / 252 Trading Days) ] - 1 } * 100

So, the daily return that can make you rich in the long term is: 

Daily return = { [ (1 + 0.25) ^ (1 /  252) ] - 1 } * 100 = 0.09% per day

If you're smart enough and, as angevoyageur said, if you're back on earth, you would set a long term daily goal of, approximately, 0.1% per day.

Everything higher than that is nothing but a dream.

the same gain of warren buffet

It depends if you have additional income such as job, or not.

100USD initial deposit. 1% per day from fixed initial balance, then you will earn only 260USD a year, with overall balance at 360USD [=100+260]. This gain is still impressive. 260% a year. It is much more than interest rate on bank deposits at banks. You must also think about inflation. You cannot rely on this money to live on, because 360USD icnome a year is insufficient to cover living expenses. And also sometimes you wll loose.

But if you are super-wealthy and can dispose USD10,000 and more, you can be happy with 1% a day. [including losses]. Ideal investment is USD25,000-30,000.

In case you are not such wealthy-enough, you must either forget about trading, or risk more.

From my own experience, I many times on many accounts achieved clear +30% each day. But, after few days or weeks always something bad happen, and you will end at the starting balance [losing all profits...all your endeavor was in vain] or worse [losing profits and initial deposit....left with nothing] or the worst scenario [you must also pay-off debts to your forex broker, because you ended with negative balance].

20% / day

Vorobyov:

It depends if you have additional income such as job, or not.

100USD initial deposit. 1% per day from fixed initial balance, then you will earn only 260USD a year, with overall balance at 360USD [=100+260]. This gain is still impressive. 260% a year. It is much more than interest rate on bank deposits at banks. You must also think about inflation. You cannot rely on this money to live on, because 360USD icnome a year is insufficient to cover living expenses. And also sometimes you wll loose.

Take your $100 and compound the gain,  1% a day 5 days a week 50 weeks a year . . .  $100 --> $1203  in year 1,  $1203 --> $14,438 in year 2,  $14,438 --> $173,200 in year 3, $173,200 --> $2,079,000  in year 4

1% a day consistently and patience is enough . . .

to be realistic is the key point , 1% is fine enough for a single trader.
Reason: